Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<v34u0t$lhm8$1@dont-email.me>

From: Bill Sloman <bill.sloman@ieee.org>
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Subject: Re: CO2 Funny
Date: Wed, 29 May 2024 01:42:15 +1000
 <v2i77o$juul$1@dont-email.me> <2lep4j1lvsiathlf5mu1sov52fkppten50@4ax.com>
 <umlp4j9524l9e78g7meedtvkjccnt5kki3@4ax.com>
 <t8mp4jh04424mgcgkhc5akgkb5fji707lu@4ax.com>
 <54np4j5eq0gga4u24i69i6sechie1ohcjd@4ax.com>
 <ionp4jpskmjj3t5ge13jtvbmg6n3g0m738@4ax.com>
 <mssr4jh13hf2p7deu8phdkkda50roask0p@4ax.com> <v2ktll$17293$1@dont-email.me>
 <o61s4jhh7krhb55lo3c40r5mn2f9nkk1n3@4ax.com>
 <2k9s4j94256k6gbapd5snscqosn3b53ici@4ax.com>
 <aebs4j5fhoja2c3q718r4l7dqh9gp28sj6@4ax.com> <v2na16$1nvei$1@dont-email.me>
 <v2tb6t$tve$1@nnrp.usenet.blueworldhosting.com>
 <v2uhs7$39s6m$1@dont-email.me>
 <v2vul6$1ke5$1@nnrp.usenet.blueworldhosting.com>
 <v32e8g$4hl8$1@dont-email.me>

On 28/05/2024 3:01 am, Cursitor Doom wrote:
> On Sun, 26 May 2024 14:22:28 -0400, Edward Rawde wrote:
>
>> I still don't see why it matters so much when the two of you are in
>> different countries and, correct me if I'm wrong,
>> you've never used or tested any of JL's products.
>
> I'll tell you exactly why Bill has a bug up his arse about John. Many,
> many years ago, Bill went to John for a job. Bill is admittedly pretty
> good at electronics, but he also has a *terrible* attitude problem and
> prefers to spend as much time as possible thumbing through discredited
> Marxist theory (like as if it's worth anyone's time to read that crap).

This is about as "exact" as the rest of Cursitor Doom's regular nonsense.

The people I've worked for and with don't seem to think that I've got an
attitude problem, and the closest I've got reading "Marxist Theory" are
books like "Capital in the 21st Century" and "the Spirit Level".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capital_in_the_Twenty-First_Century

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Spirit_Level_(book)

This is one more of Cursitor Doom's fatuous inventions.

> Fortunately, John saw through Bill at the last moment and declined to hire
> him. Bill's never forgiven John for that bullet-dodging decision.

On the contrary what John did to get up my nose was to copy my private
e-mail - which wasn't applying for a job but responding to an open
request by John on s.e.d. that had asked for sub-contract assistance -
to Jim Thompson, who promptly posted a boast on s.e.d. that he'd saved
John from making the terrible mistake of having anything to do with me.

I certainly wasn't going to more to California to take up a job with
John, but I had done some remote consulting, and it had - sort of - worked.

Giving Jim Thompson anything to gloat about hadn't been part of the
plan, and my already not-all-that-positive opinion of John became rather
more negative.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney