Article <v34v4i$lm29$1@dont-email.me>
Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<v34v4i$lm29$1@dont-email.me>

From: "Ian J. Ball" <ijball@mac.invalid>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: TV news for May 18-26, 2024
Date: Tue, 28 May 2024 09:01:22 -0700

On 5/26/24 9:53 PM, Robin Miller wrote:

>      CW news
>

> ‘Wild Cards’ Renewed For Season 2 At The CW & CBC  (May 23)
>
> https://deadline.com/2024/05/wild-cards-renewed-season-2-the-cw-cbc-1235928416/

Too bad the f***ers couldn't do the same for "The Spencer Sisters"!!  >:/

> ‘Walker’ Canceled By CW After 4 Seasons; Jarred Padalecki Reacts To
> “Tough Piece Of News”  (May 21)
>
> https://deadline.com/2024/05/walker-canceled-cw-4-seasons-1235926564/

Ha ha ha ha!

>      NBC news
>

> ‘Night Court’s India de Beaufort Exiting Ahead Of Season 3  (May 21)
>
> https://deadline.com/2024/05/night-court-india-de-beaufort-exiting-season-3-cast-1235926655/

Sucks, 'cos I like her...

>      Cable channel news
>

> ‘Industry’: HBO Reveals Third Season Return Date For Series Featuring
> Kit Harington In New Role  (May 21)
>
> https://deadline.com/2024/05/industry-third-season-return-date-hbo-1235924900/

I had totally forgotten that this was renewed...

> ‘Yellowstone’ Begins Production On Part 2 Of Fifth & Final Season
> [Paramount Network]  (May 20)
>
> https://deadline.com/2024/05/yellowstone-production-begins-season-5b-kevin-costner-1235924293/

 >:/

>      Streaming service news--Amazon Freeve
>

> ‘High School’ Canceled After 1 Season By Amazon Freevee  (May 23)
>
> https://deadline.com/2024/05/high-school-canceled-no-season-2-amazon-freevee-1235929240/
>

> ‘Primo’ Canceled By Amazon Freevee After One Season  (May 21)
>
> https://deadline.com/2024/05/primo-canceled-amazon-freevee-after-one-season-1235925197/

Can we please just finally acknowledge that Freevee is *dead*!?!!

>      Streaming service news--Apple TV+
>

> Kyle MacLachlan, Fiona Shaw & Edmund Donovan Join Apple Thriller ‘Echo
> Valley’  (May 22)
>
> https://deadline.com/2024/05/echo-valley-movie-casts-kyle-maclachlan-fiona-shaw-edmund-donovan-1235924321/
>
> ["Written by Brad Ingelsby ('Mare of Easttown'), the film centers on
> Kate Garretson (Julianne Moore), who is reeling from a personal tragedy
> and spends her days boarding and training horses at Echo Valley Farm, 22
> secluded, picturesque acres in Southeastern Pennsylvania. Late one
> night, her wayward daughter, Claire (Sydney Sweeney), arrives at her
> doorstep, frightened, trembling, and covered in someone else’s blood,
> and the story becomes about just how far a mother will go to save her
> child."]

Oh, f*** it! I am in, for Sweeney!

> Vince Vaughn & Bill Lawrence’s ‘Bad Monkey’ Gets Premiere Date At Apple
> TV+; First Photos  (May 20)
>
> https://deadline.com/2024/05/vince-vaughn-bill-lawrence-bad-monkey-apple-premiere-date-photos-trailer-1235924348/
>
> ["Based on Carl Hiaasen’s bestelling novel, 'Bad Monkey' tells the story
> of Andrew Yancy (Vaughn) who has been bounced from the Miami Police
> department and is now a health inspector in the Keys. But after
> stumbling upon a case that begins with a human arm fished up by
> tourists, he realizes that if he can prove murder, he’ll be back in. He
> just needs to get past a trove of Floridian oddballs and one bad monkey."]

Is this a comedy?...

>      Streaming service news--Disney+
>

> Marvel Vision Series Greenlit At Disney+ With Paul Bettany To Reprise
> Role  (May 22)
>
> https://deadline.com/2024/05/marvel-vision-series-disney-plus-paul-bettany-1235927405/

I would watch that.

>      Streaming service news--Max
>

> ‘The Girls On The Bus’ Canceled By Max After One Season  (May 24)
>
> https://deadline.com/2024/05/the-girls-on-the-bus-canceled-max-1235940431/

Benoist (rhymes with "moist") strikes again!!

>      Streaming service news--Netflix

F*** Netflix!!

>      Streaming service news--Paramount+
>

> ‘Star Trek: Starfleet Academy’ Series Casts Holly Hunter In Lead Role
> (May 21)
>
> https://deadline.com/2024/05/star-trek-starfleet-academy-holly-hunter-1235926060/

:/

> Genesis Rodriguez Joins ‘Lioness’ Season 2  (May 20)
>
> https://deadline.com/2024/05/genesis-rodriguez-lioness-season-2-1235924690/

SUH-weet!!!  :)

>      Streaming service news--Prime Video
>

> Lorenza Izzo To Lead Opposite Diego Boneta In Prime Video Comic Book
> Series ‘El Gato’  (May 23)
>
> https://deadline.com/2024/05/lorenza-izzo-cast-prime-video-series-el-gato-1235929025/
>
> ["'El Gato' follows Frank Guerrero (Boneta), who returns home to Mexico
> after the death of his father and finds himself neck-deep in a nest of
> vipers ­ his estranged family ­ who are vying for control of his
> father’s business empire. But Frank’s grief is interrupted when he
> learns his only inheritance, a seemingly worthless parcel of land on the
> border, sits atop the lair of a famous costumed vigilante—his father,
> “El Gato.” Now, Frank is in the crosshairs. To survive, he’ll have to
> solve mysteries decades in the making and unravel the truth about his
> father’s connections to a modern-day terror plot."]

This is a weird premise....

> Dove Cameron & Avan Jogia To Star In Prime Video Thriller Series
> ‘Obsession’  (May 23)
>
> https://deadline.com/2024/05/dove-cameron-avan-jogia-to-star-obsession-series-prime-video-1235928563/
>
> ["Written and executive produced by Lisa Zwerling and Karyn Usher, the
> show is based on Catherine Ryan Howard’s 2021 international bestseller
> '56 Days.' The story follows Oliver (Jogia) and Ciara (Cameron), who,
> after meeting randomly in a supermarket, fall for each other fast, and
> dangerously hard. 56 days later, homicide investigators arrive at
> Oliver’s apartment to find an unidentified body — brutally murdered and
> intentionally decomposed. Did he kill her? Did she kill him?
> Intercutting between an intense single day in the present investigation
> and the twisted trajectory of the young lovers’ affair in the past, the
> series is both a crime story and an erotic, psychological thriller."]

I like this, and am interested - it's just too bad it stars Dove Cameron
(though, if she's EVOL!!1!, at least they got that part right!)