Article <v34vsh$lpvd$1@dont-email.me>
Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<v34vsh$lpvd$1@dont-email.me>

From: "Ian J. Ball" <ijball@mac.invalid>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: Selected programming for May 25-31, 2024
Date: Tue, 28 May 2024 09:14:09 -0700

On 5/26/24 9:52 PM, Robin Miller wrote:

>          Saturday, May 25
>

> Cruise Ship Murder      (movie)       (8 pm, Lifetime Channel)
>
> After her aunt is found dead, having mysteriously fallen overboard on a
> cruise ship, Olivia is thrown into rough seas as her uncle’s secret past
> is brought to life and more deaths occur. Stars Skye Coyne, Ryan Carnes,
> Matthew Pohlkamp, Carly Reeves, Gina Hiraizumi, and Tyler Price.
>
> https://www.mylifetime.com/movies/cruise-ship-murder
>
> https://www.imdb.com/title/tt32132667/

There are two Lifetime flicks I have to catch up on from when I was gone
- this is one of them.

>          Sunday, May 26
>

> Beacon 23       (season 2 finale)          (9 pm, MGM+)

Someone on Reddit said the first season of this was "good" (their
words), but that the second season was a hot mess!

> Note: There is no Lifetime Channel premiere tonight.

Boo!!

>          Wednesday, May 29
>

>      Broadcast and cable:
>

> The Price Is Right at Night     (special)         (8 pm, CBS)

(Yes, I have to...)

Drew!

>          Thursday, May 30
>

>      Streaming:
>

> The First Omen      (movie; streaming premiere)         (12:01 am, Hulu)
>
> A young American woman is sent to Rome to begin a life of service to the
> church, but encounters a darkness that causes her to question her faith
> and uncovers a terrifying conspiracy that hopes to bring about the birth
> of evil incarnate. 2024 film; 1h 59m.
>
> https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5672290/    [rating 6.8]

Maybe.

> Eric      [new; complete limited series]         (3:01 am, Netflix)
>
> A six-episode thriller (based on a true story) from Abi Morgan (The Iron
> Lady, The Hour) set in 1980s New York, "Eric" deals with police
> corruption amid the NYPD's search for a missing nine-year-old boy—while
> the boy's grieving and increasingly unstable father (Benedict
> Cumberbatch), a popular TV kids show puppeteer, copes by talking to the
> monster [Eric] that lives under his son's bed. Also on board are stars
> Gaby Hoffmann, Clarke Peters, David Denman, and Dan Fogler. British series.

Just... weird.

>      Broadcast and cable:
>

> Daddy's Deadly Secret     (movie)       (8 pm, LMN)
>
> Ever since their divorce, Richard and Ellie have enjoyed an amicable
> relationship as they co-parent their daughter Abigail. Richard has even
> found love again, in the form of his new fiancee Caroline. Everything
> changes when Abigail doesn’t return from school one day. A call to Ellie
> reveals a terrifying truth; Abigail is missing. As Richard and Caroline
> try to uncover what happened to the little girl, they soon discover she
> may never have existed at all. Inspired by actual events; stars Sarah
> Allen and Steve Byers.
>
> https://www.mylifetime.com/movies/daddys-deadly-secret
>
> https://www.imdb.com/title/tt31314357/

Of course!!

> Grey's Anatomy     (season 20 finale; renewed for season 21)        (9
> pm, ABC)

Grey's!! (They'd better not kill off Jo!!!)

> Station 19      (season 7 and series finale)        (10 pm, ABC)

Die!!

>          Friday, May 31
>

>      Streaming:
>

> Stopmotion       (movie)        (3:01 am, Shudder)
>
> A stop-motion animator struggles to control her demons after the loss of
> her overbearing mother. 2023 British film; 1h 33m.
>
> https://www.metacritic.com/movie/stopmotion/     [score 65]
>
> https://www.imdb.com/title/tt14852624/     [rating 5.5]

But nobody gets The Shudder!! (BTR is a fibber!   ;p  )

P.S. The star of this is Aisling Franciosi, which is what makes me
interested in it.

> Note: There is no Hallmark Mystery premiere tonight; the next premiere
> is next Friday, June 7.

Not only that: Tubi took a complete flyer this week!!