Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<v3632g$vaev$1@dont-email.me>

From: "Ian J. Ball" <ijball@mac.invalid>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: Hallmark actress Mamie Laverock, 19, on life support ...
Date: Tue, 28 May 2024 19:14:39 -0700

On 5/28/24 6:43 PM, anim8rfsk wrote:

> danny burstein <dannyb@panix.com> wrote:
>
>> [NY's Hometown Paper]
>>
>> Subject: Hallmark actress Mamie Laverock, 19,
>>      on life support after falling 5 stories from balcony
>>
>> New York Daily News
>>
>> Actress Mamie Laverock, best known for playing Rosaleen Sullivan on
>> Hallmark Channel series "When Calls the Heart," is on life support
>> following a devastating fall.
>>
>> HALLMARK ACTRESS MAMIE LAVEROCK, 19, ON LIFE SUPPORT AFTER FALLING 5
>> STORIES FROM BALCONY
>>
>> Actress Mamie Laverock, best known for playing Rosaleen Sullivan on
>> Hallmark Channel series "When Calls the Heart," is reportedly on life
>> support following a devastating fall on Sunday.
>>           ====
>> rest:
>> https://www.nydailynews.com/2024/05/28/actress-mamie-laverock-accident-gofundme/
>
> She’s a ginger, too. Ian must be devastated.
>
> But what the actual hell?
>
> “After spending two weeks in “intensive treatment” in the hospital due to a
> “medical emergency,” Laverock “was escorted out of a secure unit of the
> hospital and taken up to a balcony walkway from which she fell five
> stories,” per the fundraiser page, which was set up by her parents, Rob and
> Nicole Compton.”
>
> Canadian medicine is… Interesting.
>
> https://variety.com/2024/tv/news/mamie-laverock-life-support-fell-off-balcony-when-calls-the-heart-1236017541/amp/

OK, the way I read this is that she probably had a break down and tried
to commit suicide (c. May 11). Then, during her medical treatment, they
fucked up (majorly) which allowed her a second (more serious attempt) at
suicide.

I mean, I really don't know how else to read this.

I guess an alternate is that the "medical emergency" was something else,
but devastating (cancer, maybe?), and she tried to commit suicide
because of that.

But anything else would be such a massive case of medical
malpractice/incompetence ("Uh, we were taking her up over the walkway,
and she slipped off the bed, and fell over the railing..." I mean,
WTF?!!) that I can't imagine that it happened that way.

TL;DR: This this has got to be a case of suicide.