Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<v375h7$14knj$1@dont-email.me>

From: Chris Ahlstrom <OFeem1987@teleworm.us>
Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Subject: Re: Do =?UTF-8?Q?Microsoft=C2=92s?= Copilot+ PCs Require Linux?
Date: Wed, 29 May 2024 08:02:45 -0400
 <v30g73$3lhel$4@dont-email.me> <lbi9f6Fhd3pU1@mid.individual.net>
 <v30t17$3k86l$4@dont-email.me> <lbinqpFj5p4U2@mid.individual.net>
 <v31bo3$3scv5$1@dont-email.me>
 <665489c7$0$7182$882e4bbb@reader.netnews.com> <v3252c$2uku$1@dont-email.me>
 <6655dd49$0$7068$882e4bbb@reader.netnews.com>
 <ignb5j5tbu09b29e88ig9l2bqrmr1dthse@4ax.com> <v34of7$khej$1@dont-email.me>
 <lbmlcuF6nmsU5@mid.individual.net>

rbowman wrote this copyrighted missive and expects royalties:

> On Tue, 28 May 2024 10:07:33 -0400, Chris Ahlstrom wrote:
>
>> Must be a Microsoft fan thang. I worked with a .NET/C# guy who was a
>> major asshole.  First, one of the top office managers asked him if he'd
>> join our C++
>> project.  He refused to use C++.
>
> Good call!

My point was that, unlike myself (for example), he was unwilling to
learn something new even at the behest of his high-level golfing buddy
manager.  I did neglect to mention that the lower-level manager handling our
project told me he'd never allow the guy to work on our project, as
he was well away of his reputation of being the direct opposite of
a team player.

> I'll admit my use of C++ goes back to the early days and I
> haven't kept up with the improvements but it wasn't my favorite language.
> At this point I probably will never learn 'Modern C++' anymore than I'll
> bring my fortran knowledge past f77.

Heh, I just went through learning some stuff about C++ constructors (default,
principal, copy, and move) and assignment operators (regular and move).
Also a trick about initialization (built-in types are not initialized in a
constructor called for an local/auto object) that somehow I had overlooked
in all my years of C++... discovered it in the debugger.

--
Your boss is a few sandwiches short of a picnic.