Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<v37q5p$18058$4@dont-email.me>

From: Chris Ahlstrom <OFeem1987@teleworm.us>
Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Subject: Re: Why I won't run Windows on my Thelio
Date: Wed, 29 May 2024 13:55:05 -0400
 <v30g73$3lhel$4@dont-email.me> <lbi9f6Fhd3pU1@mid.individual.net>
 <v30t17$3k86l$4@dont-email.me> <lbinqpFj5p4U2@mid.individual.net>
 <v31bo3$3scv5$1@dont-email.me>
 <665489c7$0$7182$882e4bbb@reader.netnews.com> <v3252c$2uku$1@dont-email.me>
 <6655dd49$0$7068$882e4bbb@reader.netnews.com>
 <6Ip5O.49637$In22.7454@fx11.iad>
 <66568211$2$8094$882e4bbb@reader.netnews.com> <v363kc$evg8$1@dont-email.me>
 <v363no$viqs$1@dont-email.me> <v366el$evg8$2@dont-email.me>
 <66569e4b$8$1258331$882e4bbb@reader.netnews.com>
 <v368kp$evg8$3@dont-email.me> <sKE5O.17585$8CY1.17284@fx37.iad>

Andrzej Matuch wrote this copyrighted missive and expects royalties:

> On 2024-05-28 11:49 p.m., vallor wrote:
>> On Tue, 28 May 2024 23:17:32 -0400, DFS <nospam@dfs.com> wrote in
>> <66569e4b$8$1258331$882e4bbb@reader.netnews.com>:

>>> What are the exact specs of the hardware?
>> This is the 1.0 version, I have the 1.1 version:
>>
>> https://tech-docs.system76.com/models/thelio-mega-r1.0/README.html
>>
>> With a AMD Ryzen Threadripper 3970X.  256G of ECC memory.
>>
>> NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 Ti
>>
>> If the daughterboard isn't supported on Windows, all the cooling
>> fans will run full-speed, which would be annoying.
>
> Wow, that'll run the rotating cube marvelously! :P

Heh, I see in aptitude (on Ubuntu) the compiz package, plus some additional
packages like compiz-gnome and compiz-mate.

Not gonna install it, just noting it. "Compiz Reloaded is the result of the
re-unification of the Beryl-project and the community around the Compiz Windows
Manager."

--
Don't tell any big lies today.  Small ones can be just as effective.