Article <v37t51$18gp7$3@dont-email.me>
Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<v37t51$18gp7$3@dont-email.me>

From: Frank Krygowski <frkrygow@sbcglobal.net>
Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Subject: Re: Riding after heavy manual labor
Date: Wed, 29 May 2024 14:45:50 -0400

On 5/29/2024 1:44 PM, AMuzi wrote:
> On 5/29/2024 12:18 PM, Tom Kunich wrote:
>> On Mon May 27 21:28:37 2024 Frank Krygowski  wrote:
>>>
>>> But unlike you, Jeff does have all his toes. That indicates a level of
>>> mowing knowledge you lack.
>>>

>> On the other hand I never stated that I could repair a lawn bag with
>> needle and thread...

You implied that you could not repair it at all. Which, in _your_ case
(not mine) was probably accurate. It would probably be even harder than
(gosh!) installing a seatpost.    ;-)

> Well, it needn't have even stitches, doesn't have to fit well (like a
> dress or a sport coat), doesn't even need to be airtight along the
> seam.  A fairly coarse quick repair would seem very likely for the purpose.
>
> Or rivet a patch over the damaged area (3-1/2 minutes at 2x speed):
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0dz154wrhHM

Vaguely related: A good friend has a Sears lawn tractor with huge grass
bins.*

The large plastic (probably polyethylene) dome-shaped lid for the system
got cracked. I repaired it for him with a combination of plastic welding
and aluminum splice plates that I pop riveted into place. It's ugly, but
it's worked for many years.

*(Actually I have a nearly identical mower, acquired inexpensively from
a neighbor who moved into Assisted Living. I never use the grass
catching attachments. But this lawn tractor is really not appropriate
for my lawn. Mine's as large as his lawn, but my wife's beautiful
landscaping presents way too many obstacles.)

--
- Frank Krygowski