Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<v38397$c7q$1@nnrp.usenet.blueworldhosting.com>

From: Andrew <andrew@spam.net>
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Subject: Re: Google's "Find My Debvice Network"
Date: Wed, 29 May 2024 20:30:31 -0000 (UTC)

Frank Slootweg wrote on 29 May 2024 17:55:05 GMT :

>   I got an e-mail (today) from Google, saying the 'feature' will be
> turned on in three days and with instructions how to opt out of the
> network:
>
> <https://www.google.com/android/find/settings/fmdn>

I'd never get that email from Google, I would think, simply because there
is no Google account set up on my Android phone (although I do have plenty
of Google Accounts - just none are set up explicitly on the Android phone).

However, I did go to the link Frank kindly posted to see what it tells me:
 <https://www.google.com/android/find/settings/fmdn>
 "No active devices
  Before you can use Find My Device,
  you must have an active Android device."

Hence, apparently, one way for the OP to opt out of this new bluetooth
feature is, perhaps, to simply not set up an account on their device.

Moving forward toward a better understanding of this new feature, and
thanks to Frank & Andy (and thanks to the OP, Stan), I read their links to
better understand this new find-my feature released, apparently, in the
Google Play Services <com.google.android.gms> beta version (v24.12.14).

When I look in Muntashirakon App Manager, my Google Play Services is
 Version 23.33.16 (190400-560149061) (233316044)

I'm curious what version people are on who got the email from Google.