Article <v38fe0$1bndb$1@dont-email.me>
Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<v38fe0$1bndb$1@dont-email.me>

From: olcott <polcott333@gmail.com>
Newsgroups: comp.theory,sci.logic
Subject: Re: Two dozen people were simply wrong --- Try to prove otherwise
Date: Wed, 29 May 2024 18:57:52 -0500

On 5/29/2024 6:47 PM, Richard Damon wrote:
> On 5/29/24 2:31 PM, olcott wrote:

>>> He does it to try to rope more people in.  It's the same ploy as
>>> insulting people by name.  It's hard to ignore being maligned in public
>>> by a fool.
>>>

>> *Thanks for validating my simplified encoding of the Linz*
>>
>> When Ĥ is applied to ⟨Ĥ⟩
>> Ĥ.q0 ⟨Ĥ⟩ ⊢* embedded_H ⟨Ĥ⟩ ⟨Ĥ⟩ ⊢* Ĥ.qy ∞
>> Ĥ.q0 ⟨Ĥ⟩ ⊢* embedded_H ⟨Ĥ⟩ ⟨Ĥ⟩ ⊢* Ĥ.qn
>>
>> I really did believe that Ben Bacarisse was lying when I said it.
>>
>> At the time I was talking about the easily verified fact of the actual
>> execution trace of fully operational code and everyone was denying the
>> easily verified facts.
>>
>> typedef int (*ptr)();  // ptr is pointer to int function in C
>> 00       int H(ptr p, ptr i);
>> 01       int D(ptr p)
>> 02       {
>> 03         int Halt_Status = H(p, p);
>> 04         if (Halt_Status)
>> 05           HERE: goto HERE;
>> 06         return Halt_Status;
>> 07       }
>> 08
>> 09       int main()
>> 10       {
>> 11         H(D,D);
>> 12         return 0;
>> 13       }
>>
>> It turns out that two dozen people are easily proven wrong when
>> they claimed that the correct simulation of the input to H(D,D)
>> is the behavior of int main() { D(D); }
>>

> How is that?
>

>> When D is correctly simulated by H using an x86 emulator the only
>> way that the emulated D can reach its own emulated final state
>> at line 06 and halt is
>> (a) The x86 machine code of D is emulated incorrectly
>> (b) The x86 machine code of D is emulated in the wrong order
>>

> Which isn't a "Correct Simulation" by the definition that allow the
> relating of a "Simulation" to the behavior of an input.

Right the execution trace of D simulated by pure function H using
an x86 emulator must show that D cannot possibly reach its own
simulated final state and halt or the simulation of the machine
language of D is incorrect or in the wrong order.

*FULLY OPERATIONAL CODE DOES SHOW THIS*

I may not look at any of you other replies until after this
one is fully resolved.