Article <v38gi5$1bndb$3@dont-email.me>
Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<v38gi5$1bndb$3@dont-email.me>

From: olcott <polcott333@gmail.com>
Newsgroups: comp.theory,sci.logic
Subject: Re: Two dozen people were simply wrong --- Try to prove otherwise
Date: Wed, 29 May 2024 19:17:09 -0500

On 5/29/2024 7:09 PM, Richard Damon wrote:

>>> How is that?

>>> Which isn't a "Correct Simulation" by the definition that allow the
>>> relating of a "Simulation" to the behavior of an input.
>>>

>> Right the execution trace of D simulated by pure function H using
>> an x86 emulator must show that D cannot possibly reach its own
>> simulated final state and halt or the simulation of the machine
>> language of D is incorrect or in the wrong order.
>
> So, you aren't going to resolve the question but just keep up with your
> contradiction that H is simulating a template (that doesn't HAVE any
> instrucitons of H in it) but also DOES simulate those non-existance
> instructions by LYING about what it does and simulating a SPECIFIC
> instance that it LIES behaves just like DIFFERENT specific instatces.

I will give you the benefit of the doubt and call that an honest
misunderstanding. I have much more empathy for you now that I found
that Linz really did say words that you could construe as you did.

The infinite set of every H/D pair specified by the template
where D is correctly simulated by pure simulator H or pure function
H never has any D reach its own simulated final state and halt.

One element of the infinite set has been fully operational for
at least two years.