Article <v38so4$1hej6$1@dont-email.me>
Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<v38so4$1hej6$1@dont-email.me>

From: Frank Krygowski <frkrygow@sbcglobal.net>
Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Subject: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Riding after heavy manual labor
Date: Wed, 29 May 2024 23:45:03 -0400
 <v23r8c$1b4fo$1@dont-email.me> <ucp1O.3$M8K4.0@fx03.iad>
 <v25kce$1n7u9$2@dont-email.me> <3lt1O.137$PQPa.75@fx11.iad>
 <UrM1O.16$pIPf.8@fx43.iad> <v297n9$2k295$1@dont-email.me>
 <CLI2O.18171$lp3b.11181@fx14.iad> <v2g7hq$4t91$1@dont-email.me>
 <q59n4jlmp2soq0dge1plsli4i9ukcokb34@4ax.com> <gH23O.986$EkJ4.894@fx14.iad>
 <acep4jdkf54vl2cj7m9p0pns6jnfof9vvs@4ax.com> <oL65O.41283$HBac.1016@fx15.iad>
 <i71a5j50hfjt77spkiv65ifth9vusjvkf3@4ax.com> <v336hd$8qgh$2@dont-email.me>
 <r6m5O.73879$vAv6.52068@fx18.iad> <v34rkq$l0pn$1@dont-email.me>
 <v34sqa$iqvq$3@dont-email.me> <0Tq5O.6565$zHo8.4124@fx47.iad>
 <v365nf$vpq9$2@dont-email.me> <v3780n$14v1d$1@dont-email.me>
 <q6J5O.99011$5dk1.75854@fx10.iad> <v37muc$17o3h$1@dont-email.me>
 <h9L5O.2$rf47.0@fx39.iad>

On 5/29/2024 3:15 PM, Tom Kunich wrote:
> On Wed May 29 11:59:56 2024 AMuzi  wrote:
>>
>> I trust Mr Krygowski understands permanent deformation in
>> steel tube as well as you or I and probably better.
>>
>> Your tube was either deformed or it was not.
>>
> Andrew, I think that you're giving Frank too much credit. Why do you suppose a spring, compresseed returns to its orgininal size and shape? This is pertinent to your cited article on permanent deformation requiring a very conplete movement in the layers of the crystal structure of the medal.
>
> Steel frames move ALL of the time and like a spring return to their original shape. There is a point between perfect elasticity and a real dent in which external forces can return the metal to its original shape. And that is all that happened. As I arrived back from a ride I came to a complete stop and as I tried to dismount, lost my balance and fell down. The seat stay was permanently dented and so still is. The top tube which is much higher grade steel slightly deformed. Riding this over the cobble like roads around here caused that "almost a dent" to pop out again.

That is absolute, total blathering nonsense.

I know a detailed explanation would be wasting my time. Nobody here
believes Tom's ludicrous tale of a dented top tube spontaneously curing
itself. I doubt even Tom believes it.

We don't need an explanation of metallurgy, metallic bonds, slip planes,
metallic yielding or anything of the sort. We need a psychological
explanation for Tom's weird motivations.

--
- Frank Krygowski