Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<v39smc$1mo3e$1@dont-email.me>

From: Bill Sloman <bill.sloman@ieee.org>
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Subject: Re: Yttrium iron garnet
Date: Thu, 30 May 2024 22:50:09 +1000

On 30/05/2024 7:14 pm, Cursitor Doom wrote:
> On Thu, 30 May 2024 15:45:21 +1000, Bill Sloman wrote:
>
>> On 30/05/2024 3:37 am, john larkin wrote:

>> This misses Jan Panteltje's thread "Small magnetic tunable filter for 6G
>> and beyond" which is about Yig being used today.
>
> That article makes it seem like YIG is some revolutionary, new, emerging
> technology!

Of course it does. University researchers always want to create that
impression.

does emphasis how their technique differs other's peoples schemes to
exploit an effect which has been around for quite a while. The idea of
electrically thumping and Al-Ni-Co permanent magnet to get it to deliver
precisely the static magnetic field you for as long as you want it is
neat, but perhaps more problematic than the authors admit.

They may need to add a Hall plate to their stack to keep track of the
actual magnetic field where it matters.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney