Article <v3amp4$1r7kc$1@dont-email.me>
Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<v3amp4$1r7kc$1@dont-email.me>

From: olcott <polcott333@gmail.com>
Newsgroups: comp.theory,sci.logic
Subject: Re: D correctly simulated by H cannot possibly halt --- templates and
 infinite sets --- deciders
Date: Thu, 30 May 2024 15:15:32 -0500

On 5/30/2024 2:32 PM, Fred. Zwarts wrote:
> Op 30.mei.2024 om 21:01 schreef olcott:

>>> Incorrect. Your own words are that lines 04, 05 and 06 are nor
>>> reachable for the simulator.
>>
>> Because D correctly simulated by H remains stuck in recursive simulation
>> because D calls H(D,D) in recursive simulation D cannot possibly reach
>> past its own line 03.
>>
>> You must must 100% complete attention to the exact words that I
>> exactly say.
>>

> If you ask to 100% attention, please, pay also attention to the replies
> and read more than the first few words. You remove most of my reply,
> probably because you did not read them.

I soon as yo show that you are starting with a fundamentally false
assumption I stop reading.

> The fact that D does not reach past line 03, means that lines 04, 05 and
> 06 do not play a role in the decision.

OK

> Do you understand C?

I learned C back when K&R was the standard and have been a professional
C++ software engineer for two decades. I have been professional
programmer since 1984.

> If line 04 cannot be reached, lines 05 and 06 do
> not cause any behaviour. In particular no 'pathological' behaviour.

The reason why these lines can't be reached is that D calls H(D,D)
in recursive simulation. This relationship between H and D is
typically called pathological.

> It is H that keeps repeating the simulation of D

D calls H(D,D) in recursive simulation until H stops this.
THIS IS D'S FAULT!

> and the next H, so the
> simulated H never reaches its abort, and therefore it does not reach its
> final state. D acts only as a quick parameter duplicator so that H
> simulates itself. Then simulated H gets stuck in an infinite recursion
> and never reaches the 'pathological' part of D.
> Even a beginning C programmer will see that if the simulated H would
> really halt (as required),

It does yet you continue to fail to understand this.

> then simulated D would continue to line 04.

No that is utterly impossible because the only reason
that H halts is that it totally stops simulating D.