Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<v3b1pj$1sutm$2@dont-email.me>

From: "Adam H. Kerman" <ahk@chinet.com>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: Once Again, the Babylon Bee Predicts the Future
Date: Thu, 30 May 2024 23:23:31 -0000 (UTC)

super70s <super70s@super70s.invalid> wrote:
>On 2024-05-30 21:03:08 +0000, Adam H. Kerman said:
>>super70s <super70s@super70s.invalid> wrote:

>>>It's a rip of The Onion for the rightwing audience.

>>Could you please just shut the fuck up and stopping digging your hole
>>deeper?

>Well look who's here, the self-proclaimed know-it-all of r.a.t. And
>he's bursting a vein again.

Never stop doing that thing in which you project your own bad acts upon
others. No one on Usenet would recognize you if you stopped being that
immature.

>>They are specifically Protestant Christian. They satirize
>>church and their own religious beliefs too. "Right wing" is a lame
>>description. They are religious Christians with conservative politics.

>>But mostly, they are comic writers. They are trying to be entertaining
>>and to land their jokes. But you wouldn't understand comedy if an anvil
>>fell on your head.

>"Religious Christians," huh. The most flippant and iconclastic bunch of
>"religious Christians" I've ever seen.

Comic writers are flip? Who knew?

>>>But in The Onion's defense how could they play to that audience when
>>>90% of the people who do stupid stuff worth parodying in the real world
>>>are on the right.

>>I know you are stupid. Do you have to keep proving it?

>Jump up my ass you pompous jerk.

So yes?

>>I have nothing in common with the writers. I still read their stuff.

>Must have a hard time keeping yourself occupied then.

You are super concerned about all this. You're still participating in
this thread. It's clearly more important to you than anything else
you've done this year.

>>They make me smile. It's funny because they fully commit to the comedy.

>And you're easily entertained apparently.

Not really. I find you sad, and pathetic.

>>Comedy first, last, and always. I just don't care about the politics of
>>the writers.

>That's because you're a pretentious simpleton.

There's that projection thing again.

>>It's simply not for humorless gits like you.

>Oh I'm "humorless" because I don't care to read a rightwing rip-off of
>The Onion.

No, you are humorless because you utterly lack a sense of humor. As many
others have already pointed out to you, The Onion didn't invent parody.