Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<v3bjqh$239s2$1@dont-email.me>

From: RonB <ronb02NOSPAM@gmail.com>
Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Subject: Re: Do =?UTF-8?Q?Microsoft=E2=80=99s?= Copilot+ PCs Require Linux?
Date: Fri, 31 May 2024 04:31:13 -0000 (UTC)
 <66534360$0$6557$882e4bbb@reader.netnews.com>
 <v30g73$3lhel$4@dont-email.me> <lbi9f6Fhd3pU1@mid.individual.net>
 <v30t17$3k86l$4@dont-email.me> <lbinqpFj5p4U2@mid.individual.net>
 <v31bo3$3scv5$1@dont-email.me>
 <665489c7$0$7182$882e4bbb@reader.netnews.com> <v3252c$2uku$1@dont-email.me>
 <6655dd49$0$7068$882e4bbb@reader.netnews.com>
 <6Ip5O.49637$In22.7454@fx11.iad> <v374m5$14ft0$1@dont-email.me>
 <A%J5O.2074$fBCb.866@fx11.iad> <v39o4v$1lipm$7@dont-email.me>
 <_G_5O.631$RsQ5.158@fx42.iad>

On 2024-05-30, Andrzej Matuch <andrzej@matu.ch> wrote:
> On 2024-05-30 7:32 a.m., Chris Ahlstrom wrote:
>> Andrzej Matuch wrote this copyrighted missive and expects royalties:

>>> For me, there is a greater chance that Linux will run fine on a machine
>>> built for Windows than there is that Windows will run fine on a machine
>>> built for Linux.
>>
>> The hardware comes first. The OS adapts to it (or the hardware developers
>> write the OS-specific drivers for it.)
>
> Generally, I wouldn't be worried that drivers for the hardware used on
> Linux-minded laptops would be available. However, I wouldn't be
> surprised if I faced the same kind of issues using Windows on a Linux
> machine that I had using Linux on a Windows machine. Problems waking
> from sleep, graphical errors and things of the sort are very likely to
> happen.

I don't think that's going to be a problem. "Linux computers" are just
standard computers that use components that are well-supported by Linux.
(Like Intel WiFi cards vs Broadcom WiFi cards, for example.) Of course the
component manufacturers are going to support Windows on their hardware.

--
[Self-centered, Woke] "pride is a life of self-destructive fakery, an
entrapment to a false and self-created matrix of twisted unreality."