Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<v3blcl$23f25$2@dont-email.me>

From: RonB <ronb02NOSPAM@gmail.com>
Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Subject: Re: Do Microsoft?s Copilot+ PCs Require Linux?
Date: Fri, 31 May 2024 04:57:57 -0000 (UTC)
 <v2u2cj$33vus$1@dont-email.me> <v2v9fr$3daer$4@dont-email.me>
 <v2vc53$3dkln$3@dont-email.me> <v30g0c$3lhel$3@dont-email.me>
 <slrnv5a4g0.8c8.candycanearter07@candydeb.host.invalid>
 <v33c75$ddl1$4@dont-email.me>
 <slrnv5aeav.hse.candycanearter07@candydeb.host.invalid>
 <v33tqh$ftv1$1@dont-email.me> <uglb5jho4cn959nosc8di0lai52p4tftb6@4ax.com>
 <v35pqb$qao6$4@dont-email.me> <tusc5jllfskdpj5cknsk84mb5p66q0b0hc@4ax.com>
 <v36f0o$111db$1@dont-email.me> <bPE5O.15788$ytC1.771@fx34.iad>
 <v37hpc$16hr0$5@dont-email.me> <W4L5O.2$B%H7.1@fx43.iad>
 <v39qb3$1lnr7$14@dont-email.me> <iP_5O.635$RsQ5.140@fx42.iad>
 <lbs8mcFfcl6U8@mid.individual.net>

On 2024-05-30, rbowman <bowman@montana.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 30 May 2024 09:04:13 -0400, Andrzej Matuch wrote:
>
>> I'm not necessarily a fan of GNOME 3, but I became one because of how
>> much hate it used to get at the beginning for trying to change the way
>> people use their computers. People resistant change and GNOME, so I went
>> out of my way to use it and figure out how it worked when it was
>> released. I think that many of its ideas are smart ones.
>
> Like Metro I think most of its ideas are aimed toward people more
> acclimated to tablets and smartphones.

I think you're right. That was definitely the object of Unity and Windows 8.
And they were both rejected by the public. To me a computer is completely
different than a smartphone or a tablet. I don't want them all to work the
same.

My younger brother, when he worked for Xircomm was sent to Redmond to try to
convince Microsoft to simplify their Windows phone software (they were
trying to cram a desktop OS into an earlier Windows phone — at least that was
the view of his bosses). Microsoft didn't want to hear it. Hubris again.
"It's our way, or the highway." It turned out to be the "highway" for
Windows phones. Ditto for Windows 8 and Unity.

--
[Self-centered, Woke] "pride is a life of self-destructive fakery, an
entrapment to a false and self-created matrix of twisted unreality."