Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<v3cksh$28jem$2@dont-email.me>

From: RonB <ronb02NOSPAM@gmail.com>
Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Subject: Re: "give me liberty or give me death" -- Ukraine
Date: Fri, 31 May 2024 13:55:29 -0000 (UTC)

On 2024-05-31, Andrzej Matuch <andrzej@matu.ch> wrote:
> On 2024-05-30 11:19 p.m., RonB wrote:

>>> I've heard that Poland now wants a chunk of Ukraine, as it was
>>> traditionally Polish territory. It actually pains me to imagine this to
>>> be a fact.
>>
>> And then they can give back to Germany the part given to them by the Soviets
>> after World War II. (Not likely to happen.)
>>
>> I don't think Russia would object to Poland taking what was traditionally
>> theirs. This is not the Russian-speaking part of Ukraine. I'm also guessing
>> that Romania and Hungary (or Slovakia?) would be able to get back their
>> traditional territories taken from them by the Soviet government and given
>> to Ukraine.
>
> If I were in a position of any kind of authority in Poland, I would
> actually negotiate with Russia in an effort to gain that territory,
> inexpensive oil and free trade in exchange for turning a blind eye to
> what they're doing in Ukraine or even helping them out. I wouldn't mind
> severing ties with the Americans because the US has no bargaining chip
> of any worth to my country. American values are contrary to Polish ones,
> they clearly have no respect for democracy, their education system is
> ineffective and prefers to propagandize rather than educate, and they
> built military bases on my territory. At the very least, Russians share
> a culture and genes with my people. I can work with that.

Unfortunately there is a long history of mistrust between these two
countries. But Putin has already hinted that he wouldn't object to the Poles
taking back their traditional chunk of Ukraine.

--
[Self-centered, Woke] "pride is a life of self-destructive fakery, an
entrapment to a false and self-created matrix of twisted unreality."