Article <v3dvr3$2jgjd$1@dont-email.me>
Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<v3dvr3$2jgjd$1@dont-email.me>

From: olcott <polcott333@gmail.com>
Newsgroups: comp.theory,sci.logic
Subject: Re: Two dozen people were simply wrong --- Try to prove otherwise ---
 pinned down
Date: Fri, 31 May 2024 21:08:32 -0500
 <87y17smqnq.fsf@bsb.me.uk> <v37sap$18mfo$1@dont-email.me>
 <v38eq4$2foi0$1@i2pn2.org> <v38fe0$1bndb$1@dont-email.me>
 <v38g31$2foi0$11@i2pn2.org> <v38gi5$1bndb$3@dont-email.me>
 <v38ici$2fohv$2@i2pn2.org> <v38j17$1c8ir$2@dont-email.me>
 <v38jgo$2foi0$14@i2pn2.org> <v38jv9$1c8ir$4@dont-email.me>
 <v39agi$1jiql$1@dont-email.me> <v39v3h$1mtd9$5@dont-email.me>
 <v3b9kj$2im02$1@i2pn2.org> <v3bale$222n5$1@dont-email.me>
 <v3bbs2$2im01$1@i2pn2.org> <v3bcre$22a8n$1@dont-email.me>
 <v3bduk$2im01$2@i2pn2.org> <v3bedb$22f8h$1@dont-email.me>
 <v3bfbm$2im01$3@i2pn2.org> <v3bg39$22o6m$1@dont-email.me>
 <v3cbhu$2k3ld$1@i2pn2.org> <v3clo2$28p7n$1@dont-email.me>
 <v3dft1$2lfup$1@i2pn2.org> <v3dhob$2dio8$1@dont-email.me>
 <v3dk0d$2lfup$2@i2pn2.org> <v3dkf2$2e2po$1@dont-email.me>
 <v3dmnc$2lfup$3@i2pn2.org> <v3do66$2ejq2$1@dont-email.me>
 <v3dqka$2lfup$4@i2pn2.org> <v3dsev$2f6ul$1@dont-email.me>
 <v3dtt4$2lfup$5@i2pn2.org>

On 5/31/2024 8:35 PM, Richard Damon wrote:

>>> Right, and that is talking about runnig the Turing Machine, not
>>> simulating a representation of it.
>>>

>> DD correctly simulated by HH cannot possibly reach its own simulated
>> final state. This is conclusively proven beyond all possible doubt
>> by the x86 machine code of DD.
>
> Depends on the specification of HH, as has beeen shown.
>

>> You can lie about this and try to get away with changing the subject.
>> What you cannot do is show that it is not true.
>
> But I don't try to claim one side of the other, as it isn't relevent.
>

>> *Showing that it is relevant is a whole other different subject that*
>> *we can get to as soon as you quit your deception on this subject*
>
> But if it isn't relevent, why are we looking at it.
>
> It seems you just WANT to waste you time trying to convince people about
> something they don't care about.
>

>> *Showing that it is relevant is a whole other different subject that*
>> *we can get to as soon as you quit your deception on this subject*
>>
>> *Showing that it is relevant is a whole other different subject that*
>> *we can get to as soon as you quit your deception on this subject*

>>> Nope, Where did that definition say ANYTHING about one machine
>>> simulationg another.
>>>

>> Trying to get away with saying that you don't "believe in" UTMs
>> can't possibly fool anyone that knows what UTMs are.
>>

> But I DO beleive in UTMs, and know exact what they do.
>
> Your embedded_H can NOT actually be a UTM, or neither H nor embedded_H
> are deciders.
>
> PERIOD,.
>
>> When Ĥ is applied to ⟨Ĥ⟩
>> Ĥ.q0 ⟨Ĥ⟩ ⊢* embedded_H ⟨Ĥ⟩ ⟨Ĥ⟩ ⊢* Ĥ.qy ∞
>> Ĥ.q0 ⟨Ĥ⟩ ⊢* embedded_H ⟨Ĥ⟩ ⟨Ĥ⟩ ⊢* Ĥ.qn
>>
>> When embedded_H <is> a UTM then ⟨Ĥ⟩ ⟨Ĥ⟩ correctly simulated by embedded_H
>> cannot possibly reach its own simulated final state of ⟨Ĥ.qn⟩. In this
>> case embedded_H fails to be a decider, however it also proves:
>
> And then, while THAT H^ is non-halting, H isn't a decider.
>

>> that ⟨Ĥ⟩ ⟨Ĥ⟩ correctly simulated by embedded_H cannot possibly reach its
>> own simulated final state of ⟨Ĥ.qn⟩ for any embedded_H based on a UTM
>> that only simulates some finite sequence of steps.
>
> But that only apply *if* embedded_H (and thus H) *IS* a UTM, if it
> aborts its simuliation, then its
>

>> "...the Turing machine will halt whenever it enters a final state."
>> Linz(1990:234)
>>
>> ⟨Ĥ⟩ ⟨Ĥ⟩ correctly simulated by embedded_H cannot possibly reach its
>> own simulated final state of ⟨Ĥ.qn⟩
>
> And and embedded_H that actually correct simulates the input, by
> Computaiton Theory definitions is the UTM that, by definition, doesn't
> abort its simulation.
>

>> *The input ⟨Ĥ⟩ ⟨Ĥ⟩ to embedded_H SPECIFIES non-halting behavior*
>> *The input ⟨Ĥ⟩ ⟨Ĥ⟩ to embedded_H SPECIFIES non-halting behavior*
>> *The input ⟨Ĥ⟩ ⟨Ĥ⟩ to embedded_H SPECIFIES non-halting behavior*
>
> Only if embedded_H and H are ACTUALLY UTMs,

*AS LONG AS 1 to ∞ steps of*
⟨Ĥ⟩ ⟨Ĥ⟩ correctly simulated by embedded_H cannot possibly reach their
own simulated final state of ⟨Ĥ.qn⟩
THEN *The input ⟨Ĥ⟩ ⟨Ĥ⟩ to embedded_H SPECIFIES non-halting behavior*

All the while you try to dishonestly dodge this with your strawman
deception CHANGE-THE-SUBJECT fake rebuttal blocks you from discussing
anything else with me.