Article <v3fpun$2t8n0$1@dont-email.me>
Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<v3fpun$2t8n0$1@dont-email.me>

From: "Fred. Zwarts" <F.Zwarts@HetNet.nl>
Newsgroups: comp.theory,sci.logic
Subject: Re: Two dozen people were simply wrong --- Try to prove otherwise ---
 pinned down
Date: Sat, 1 Jun 2024 20:40:23 +0200
 <v38jv9$1c8ir$4@dont-email.me> <v39agi$1jiql$1@dont-email.me>
 <v39v3h$1mtd9$5@dont-email.me> <v3b9kj$2im02$1@i2pn2.org>
 <v3bale$222n5$1@dont-email.me> <v3bbs2$2im01$1@i2pn2.org>
 <v3bcre$22a8n$1@dont-email.me> <v3bduk$2im01$2@i2pn2.org>
 <v3bedb$22f8h$1@dont-email.me> <v3bfbm$2im01$3@i2pn2.org>
 <v3bg39$22o6m$1@dont-email.me> <v3cbhu$2k3ld$1@i2pn2.org>
 <v3clo2$28p7n$1@dont-email.me> <v3dft1$2lfup$1@i2pn2.org>
 <v3dhob$2dio8$1@dont-email.me> <v3dk0d$2lfup$2@i2pn2.org>
 <v3dkf2$2e2po$1@dont-email.me> <v3dmnc$2lfup$3@i2pn2.org>
 <v3do66$2ejq2$1@dont-email.me> <v3dqka$2lfup$4@i2pn2.org>
 <v3dsev$2f6ul$1@dont-email.me> <v3dtt4$2lfup$5@i2pn2.org>
 <v3dvr3$2jgjd$1@dont-email.me> <v3e0rj$2lfup$6@i2pn2.org>
 <v3e1m6$2jmc2$1@dont-email.me> <v3f09p$2n53o$1@i2pn2.org>
 <v3feqn$2rdp3$1@dont-email.me> <v3fgat$2n53n$5@i2pn2.org>
 <v3fhan$2rsbs$1@dont-email.me> <v3fhmr$2ro2o$2@dont-email.me>
 <v3fhv0$2rsbs$4@dont-email.me>

Op 01.jun.2024 om 18:24 schreef olcott:
> On 6/1/2024 11:19 AM, Fred. Zwarts wrote:

>>> typedef int (*ptr)();  // ptr is pointer to int function in C
>>> 00       int HH(ptr p, ptr i);
>>> 01       int DD(ptr p)
>>> 02       {
>>> 03         int Halt_Status = HH(p, p);
>>> 04         if (Halt_Status)
>>> 05           HERE: goto HERE;
>>> 06         return Halt_Status;
>>> 07       }
>>> 08
>>> 09       int main()
>>> 10       {
>>> 11         HH(DD,DD);
>>> 12         return 0;
>>> 13       }
>>>
>>> Every DD correctly simulated by any HH of the infinite set of HH/DD
>>> pairs that match the above template never reaches past its own simulated
>>> line 03 in 1 to ∞ steps of correct simulation of DD by HH.
>>>
>>> In this case HH is either a pure simulator that never halts or
>>> HH is a pure function that stops simulating after some finite number
>>> of simulated lines. The line count is stored in a local variable.
>>> The pure function HH always returns the meaningless value of 56
>>> after it stops simulating.
>>>

>> The simulated D never reaches past line 03, because the simulated HH
>> never halts in 1 to ∞ steps of correct simulation of HH by HH.
>> I have told you that so many times.
>> HH is required to halt, thus HH does not match the requirement.
>

> HH correctly reports that because DD calls HH(DD,DD) in
> recursive simulation that DD never halts.
>
> HHH(HH,DD,DD) would report that HH halts.

Maybe. And H1 (DD,DD) would report that DD halts.

In the recursive simulation by HH, neither the simulation of DD, nor the
simulation of HH halts. If one of them would halt, the other one would
halt as well.

So HH 'correctly' reports that both DD and HH do not halt, because they
both keep starting an instance of each other.