Article <v3g7e9$2n53n$22@i2pn2.org>
Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<v3g7e9$2n53n$22@i2pn2.org>

From: Richard Damon <richard@damon-family.org>
Newsgroups: comp.theory,sci.logic
Subject: Re: Two dozen people were simply wrong --- Try to prove otherwise ---
 pinned down --- canonical
Date: Sat, 1 Jun 2024 18:30:33 -0400
 <v39agi$1jiql$1@dont-email.me> <v39v3h$1mtd9$5@dont-email.me>
 <v3b9kj$2im02$1@i2pn2.org> <v3bale$222n5$1@dont-email.me>
 <v3bbs2$2im01$1@i2pn2.org> <v3bcre$22a8n$1@dont-email.me>
 <v3bduk$2im01$2@i2pn2.org> <v3bedb$22f8h$1@dont-email.me>
 <v3bfbm$2im01$3@i2pn2.org> <v3bg39$22o6m$1@dont-email.me>
 <v3cbhu$2k3ld$1@i2pn2.org> <v3clo2$28p7n$1@dont-email.me>
 <v3dft1$2lfup$1@i2pn2.org> <v3dhob$2dio8$1@dont-email.me>
 <v3dk0d$2lfup$2@i2pn2.org> <v3dkf2$2e2po$1@dont-email.me>
 <v3dmnc$2lfup$3@i2pn2.org> <v3do66$2ejq2$1@dont-email.me>
 <MPG.40c4fbcb474992459896fd@reader.eternal-september.org>
 <v3f9ha$2qh0t$1@dont-email.me> <v3ffpc$2n53n$3@i2pn2.org>
 <v3fgfb$2riae$2@dont-email.me> <v3fh1a$2n53o$5@i2pn2.org>
 <v3fhkr$2rsbs$2@dont-email.me> <v3fig4$2n53n$6@i2pn2.org>
 <v3fj8h$2rsbs$6@dont-email.me> <v3g0bg$2n53n$18@i2pn2.org>
 <v3g0n2$2v3lp$2@dont-email.me> <v3g329$2n53n$21@i2pn2.org>
 <v3g3np$2vk55$1@dont-email.me>

On 6/1/24 5:27 PM, olcott wrote:
> On 6/1/2024 4:15 PM, Richard Damon wrote:

>>> It seems to me (and I may be wrong you may be confused)
>>> That we cannot move on to any other point simply because
>>> you are simply too freaking dishonest.
>>>
>>> You use moving on to other points to endlessly avoid any
>>> closure on any point.
>>>

>> We can not move on, because you want to base your arguement on
>> falsehoods.
>>

> typedef int (*ptr)();  // ptr is pointer to int function in C
> 00       int HH(ptr p, ptr i);
> 01       int DD(ptr p)
> 02       {
> 03         int Halt_Status = HH(p, p);
> 04         if (Halt_Status)
> 05           HERE: goto HERE;
> 06         return Halt_Status;
> 07       }
> 08
> 09       int main()
> 10       {
> 11         HH(DD,DD);
> 12         return 0;
> 13       }
>
> Every DD correctly simulated by any HH of the infinite set of HH/DD
> pairs that match the above template never reaches past its own simulated
> line 03 in 1 to ∞ steps of correct simulation of DD by HH.

But since the simulation was aborted, it doen't say anything about the
halting status of the machine being simulated.

PERID.

Try to prove me wrong. Remember, HALTING is a property of the MACHINE
(the PROGRAM EXECUTED, not simulated).

> *THIS PROVES THAT THE INPUT TO H(DD,DD) DOES NOT HALT*
> *THIS PROVES THAT THE INPUT TO H(DD,DD) DOES NOT HALT*
> *THIS PROVES THAT THE INPUT TO H(DD,DD) DOES NOT HALT*
> *THIS PROVES THAT THE INPUT TO H(DD,DD) DOES NOT HALT*

No it does not.

Because Halting is a property of the MACHINE DESCRIBED, not the partial
simulaiton by H. you partial simulation show NOTHING.

> The reason why the behavior of D(D) is irrelevant can
> be discussed ONLY AFTER WE GET CLOSURE ON THE ABOVE POINT.

Nope, because you said above that the input to HH(DD,DD) does not halt,
and that is a statment about the machine/program DD, not its simulation.

> *You have dishonestly dodged every single point for three years*
> *You have dishonestly dodged every single point for three years*
> *You have dishonestly dodged every single point for three years*
> *You have dishonestly dodged every single point for three years*

Nope, YOU have made you ignorantly dishonest claims on every point for
appparently the last 20 years.

You just don't know what you words actually mean, because it seems you
just have lost all contact with reality due to your brainwashing
yourself to believe your own lies.