Article <v3hsq5$3c67v$2@dont-email.me>
Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<v3hsq5$3c67v$2@dont-email.me>

From: RonB <ronb02NOSPAM@gmail.com>
Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Subject: Re: Gentoo Takes Good Care Of Its SOPHISTICATED Users
Date: Sun, 2 Jun 2024 13:41:25 -0000 (UTC)

On 2024-06-02, Andrzej Matuch <andrzej@matu.ch> wrote:
> On 2024-06-02 3:31 a.m., RonB wrote:

>>> Big fucking deal. My Fedora 40 KDE spin has 24.2.3.2. All I had to do was
>>> run 'sudo dnf upgrade' and go do something useful while all the apps,
>>> including the kernel, are updated.
>>
>> First question, how in the world did LibreOffice get to release 24 from
>> release 7? Second question, who really cares if you have the latest version
>> of LibreOffice?
>
> They started using a version system similar to that of Ubuntu. To be
> honest, I rather like it. Much like Windows *95*, it's comprehensible.

What's incomprehensible about a release number that follows the last release
number, like 8 after 7? But, oddly enough, until I read your post I didn't
see any point jumping 17 versions. It was not comprehensible to me. So what
happens in 2524?

>> And, should I need LibreOffice 24.2.3.2 on my Linux Mint 21.2 machine, it's
>> a one-click, Flathub install away. So much for the "LibreOffice advantage"
>> when using Gentoo. But I guess compiling applications gives Diego Garcia
>> something to do with his life. And, if he enjoys it and "fulfills" him in
>> some way, more power to him.
>
> Larry Pietraskiewicz has the Polish mentality wherein we are not happy
> unless we are fixing something. By constantly being in a state where
> anything can break at any moment, Larry must be in heaven with Gentoo.

If that's the case, I would suggest you buy British cars and motorcycles (if
there are still any made in England). I liked my Sunbeam Alpine and my
Triumph Bonneville, but they definitely required constant tinkering. Fun to
drive/ride though.

--
[Self-centered, Woke] "pride is a life of self-destructive fakery, an
entrapment to a false and self-created matrix of twisted unreality."