Article <v3i0m9$3cpu7$3@dont-email.me>
Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<v3i0m9$3cpu7$3@dont-email.me>

From: olcott <polcott333@gmail.com>
Newsgroups: comp.theory,sci.logic
Subject: Re: Two dozen people were simply wrong --- Try to prove otherwise ---
 pinned down --- canonical
Date: Sun, 2 Jun 2024 09:47:37 -0500
 <v39v3h$1mtd9$5@dont-email.me> <v3b9kj$2im02$1@i2pn2.org>
 <v3bale$222n5$1@dont-email.me> <v3bbs2$2im01$1@i2pn2.org>
 <v3bcre$22a8n$1@dont-email.me> <v3bduk$2im01$2@i2pn2.org>
 <v3bedb$22f8h$1@dont-email.me> <v3bfbm$2im01$3@i2pn2.org>
 <v3bg39$22o6m$1@dont-email.me> <v3cbhu$2k3ld$1@i2pn2.org>
 <v3clo2$28p7n$1@dont-email.me> <v3dft1$2lfup$1@i2pn2.org>
 <v3dhob$2dio8$1@dont-email.me> <v3dk0d$2lfup$2@i2pn2.org>
 <v3dkf2$2e2po$1@dont-email.me> <v3dmnc$2lfup$3@i2pn2.org>
 <v3do66$2ejq2$1@dont-email.me>
 <MPG.40c4fbcb474992459896fd@reader.eternal-september.org>
 <v3f9ha$2qh0t$1@dont-email.me> <v3ffpc$2n53n$3@i2pn2.org>
 <v3fgfb$2riae$2@dont-email.me> <v3fh1a$2n53o$5@i2pn2.org>
 <v3fhkr$2rsbs$2@dont-email.me> <v3fig4$2n53n$6@i2pn2.org>
 <v3fj8h$2rsbs$6@dont-email.me> <v3g0bg$2n53n$18@i2pn2.org>
 <v3g0n2$2v3lp$2@dont-email.me> <v3g329$2n53n$21@i2pn2.org>
 <v3g3np$2vk55$1@dont-email.me> <v3hdoq$39nv5$3@dont-email.me>

On 6/2/2024 4:24 AM, Fred. Zwarts wrote:

>>> We can not move on, because you want to base your arguement on
>>> falsehoods.
>>>

>> typedef int (*ptr)();  // ptr is pointer to int function in C
>> 00       int HH(ptr p, ptr i);
>> 01       int DD(ptr p)
>> 02       {
>> 03         int Halt_Status = HH(p, p);
>> 04         if (Halt_Status)
>> 05           HERE: goto HERE;
>> 06         return Halt_Status;
>> 07       }
>> 08
>> 09       int main()
>> 10       {
>> 11         HH(DD,DD);
>> 12         return 0;
>> 13       }
>>
>> Every DD correctly simulated by any HH of the infinite set of HH/DD
>> pairs that match the above template never reaches past its own simulated
>> line 03 in 1 to ∞ steps of correct simulation of DD by HH.
>
> Similarly:
> Every HH correctly simulated by itself of the infinite set of HH/DD
> pairs that match the above template never reaches past its own simulated
> return in 1 to ∞ steps of correct simulation of HH by HH.

DD correctly simulated by HH includes HH correctly simulating itself
simulating DD as an intrinsic aspect of DD correctly simulated by HH.
*It is only the outermost directly executed HH that is required to halt*

When an input DD gets instances of itself HH stuck in recursive
simulation this input is rejected as non-halting.