Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<v3i8ns$3eack$2@dont-email.me>

From: Cursitor Doom <cd999666@notformail.com>
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Subject: Re: Students go after the hypocrites
Date: Sun, 2 Jun 2024 17:05:00 -0000 (UTC)

On Sun, 02 Jun 2024 09:01:41 -0700, john larkin wrote:

> On Sun, 2 Jun 2024 12:27:52 -0000 (UTC), Cursitor Doom
> <cd999666@notformail.com> wrote:

>>> I don't do politics. So...what is your point in terms of electronics
>>> designs?
>>
>>My point is that every time there's been a presidential election, this
>>group becomes us.talk.politics and any discussion of electronic design
>>becomes off-topic and deprecated.
>
> It was declining anyhow.

I don't believe so. Like you, I've been here for the best part of 30 years
and the s/n ratio's about the same now as it was then.

> I think that people who can actually do component-level electronic
> design are becoming rare. Kids in college type more than they solder.
> I've had interns who are afraid of electricity and panic when I ask them
> to analyze a 2-resistor voltage divider.
>
> 10 volt battery feeding series 9K and 1K resistors. What's the voltage
> across the 1K? They stutter and it's hilarious.

You're not telling me these people have an EE degree FFS??

> I took a tour of the Cornell EE school, and I counted screens. I saw 23
> computer screens and one oscilloscope.

Oh dear.

> If EE grads are any good, the semiconductor outfits scoop up the best.
>
> It takes no skill to rant endlessly about politics. The thing I like
> about circuit design is that it has to work and it doesn't take long to
> find out if it does.

My dear fellow, you're just going to have to become accustomed to this
group moving over to politics increasingly over the next 5 months. AISI,
this forthcoming election will be absolutely *critical* to world peace and
I do wish more people would wake up to the peril we're in if Trump doesn't
win come November.