Article <v3j06k$2qu72$16@i2pn2.org>
Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<v3j06k$2qu72$16@i2pn2.org>

From: Richard Damon <richard@damon-family.org>
Newsgroups: comp.theory,sci.logic
Subject: Re: DD correctly simulated by HH cannot possible halt --- Try to
 prove otherwise --- x86 DD
Date: Sun, 2 Jun 2024 19:45:24 -0400
 <v3fo1p$2t1ac$2@dont-email.me> <v3fqpt$2tjjm$1@dont-email.me>
 <v3fu48$2ulbk$1@dont-email.me> <v3g0b9$2n53n$17@i2pn2.org>
 <v3g0q4$2v3lp$3@dont-email.me> <v3g2t2$2n53n$20@i2pn2.org>
 <v3g3ja$2vho5$1@dont-email.me> <v3g7eb$2n53n$23@i2pn2.org>
 <v3g80k$30c96$2@dont-email.me> <v3g99u$2n53n$24@i2pn2.org>
 <v3g9tc$30pbl$1@dont-email.me> <v3gaot$2n53n$26@i2pn2.org>
 <v3gp5p$36pdg$1@dont-email.me> <v3hmbv$2q5op$1@i2pn2.org>
 <v3hv26$3bkv5$10@dont-email.me> <v3i9o8$2qu72$1@i2pn2.org>
 <v3ibt9$3f571$1@dont-email.me> <v3icnq$2qu71$1@i2pn2.org>
 <v3idlk$3f571$2@dont-email.me> <v3ifpp$2qu72$11@i2pn2.org>
 <v3ig8p$3f571$14@dont-email.me> <WD37O.6414$Cs55.45@fx33.iad>
 <v3ihgp$3g2kl$1@dont-email.me> <v3ijkv$2qu72$14@i2pn2.org>
 <v3ilva$3gr4e$1@dont-email.me> <v3imd7$2qu72$15@i2pn2.org>
 <v3io0j$3h1t8$1@dont-email.me> <v3ip1a$2qu71$8@i2pn2.org>
 <v3iqae$3hetk$1@dont-email.me> <v3ir73$2qu71$9@i2pn2.org>
 <v3isk0$3hvf6$1@dont-email.me>

On 6/2/24 6:44 PM, olcott wrote:
> On 6/2/2024 5:20 PM, Richard Damon wrote:

>>> *I said neither of those things so it may be an ADD problem*
>>
>> I guess your medication is making you blind.
>>
>> Read the top line quoted from you on 6/2/24 4:50 PM
>>
>> You said:
>>     "*We can see that the following DD cannot possibly halt*"
>>

> *Deceitfully taking things out of context*
>
> On 6/2/2024 3:50 PM, olcott wrote:
>  > *We can see that the following DD cannot possibly halt*
>  > *when correctly simulated by every HH that can possibly exist*

But the second line doesn't change the meaning of the first line, as
Halting ALWAYS (unless clearly modified) refers to the behavior of the
machine.

It just qualifies which DD we might be talking about.

Just like the sentence:

We can see that the house was red when the ball went through the window.

The ball going through the window doesn't affect the color attribute of
the house. It might qualify the WHEN (but Halting of a machine isn't
dependent on time) or which house we are talking about (so it clearly
makes it a DD that it paired to an HH), but it doesn't affect the color.

Just like the fact that you have given the description of this DD to HH,
doesn't affect the behavior of that instance of DD, it only might
indicate that it HAS been paired with such an HH and not some other thing.

>> Remember, Halting is defined as the MACHINE reaching a fianl state, so
>> trying to qualify it with a partial simulation is an irrelevent
>> qualification.

>>> *Still not quite what I said*
>>
>> But you did in your message from 3:54 today earier in the thread:
>>
>>    DD correctly emulated by HH with an x86 emulator cannot possibly
>>    reach past its own machine instruction [00001c2e]
>>

> If you get my words 99.99999% perfectly then you screwed up
> far too much, thus 80% is not in the ballpark.

So, if you ever slightm

> *We can see that the following DD cannot possibly halt*
> *when correctly simulated by every HH that can possibly exist*

Nope ABSOLUTE LIE.

Hlating is a property of the MACHINE  /  PROGRAM, not the simulation.

DD(DD) WILL HALT as long as HH(DD,DD) returns 0, and any HH(DD,DD) that
doesn't return 0 fails to meet your requirement that HH be a decider, so
we can automatically filter those out.

You not understanding what your words mean is YOUR problem.

And you are just proving that you have a reckless disregard for the
truth, showing that you are just an ignorant pathologial liar.

You MIGHT be able to claim that the SIMULATION of DD when correctly
performed by HH can never reach a final state. That is the claim you
seem to be working on, which i will neither confirm nor deny until we
handle this issue.,

Your statement about HALTING is just incorrect.

Try to PROVE your statement

Quote ACTULAL Definitions and accepted scholarly publish works in the field.

So far, it is just "Olcott says" and Olcott has been proven to LIE and
is often mistaken, so not a reliable source.