Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<v3kjsl$3u6sg$1@dont-email.me>

From: Bill Sloman <bill.sloman@ieee.org>
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Subject: Re: fast NPN in LT Spice
Date: Tue, 4 Jun 2024 00:27:33 +1000

On 3/06/2024 5:50 pm, piglet wrote:
> john larkin <jl@650pot.com> wrote:
>> On Sun, 2 Jun 2024 20:35:02 -0400, "Edward Rawde"
>> <invalid@invalid.invalid> wrote:
>>
>>> "john larkin" <jl@650pot.com> wrote in message

>>> Yes it would be nice if a description of the part as well as the part
>>> number could be included.
>>
>> A sortable column of Ft would be nice for transistors. Lacking that,
>> sorting on Vce helps spot the RF parts. Low voltage suggests RF.
>
> Ft isn’t one of the model parameters, guess you have to look for low Tf and
> Tr transit times or low junction capacitances?

Or you can look at wide-band transistors, pick one and plug the
manufacturers Spice model into LTSpice yourself, which is something I've
done from time to time (and posted the .asc files here), and John Larkin
doesn't seem to be able to manage.

He's just described the example I pulled out of the circuit file on my
computer as "hideous mess", which is inaccurate. Nobody would use +/-15V
rails to drive just that circuit, but if +/-15V rails are what you have
got, that circuit could solve a specific problem.

--
Bill sloman, Sydney