Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<v3l89l$19rc$3@dont-email.me>

From: "Adam H. Kerman" <ahk@chinet.com>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-06-02 (Sunday)
Date: Mon, 3 Jun 2024 20:15:49 -0000 (UTC)

Arthur Lipscomb <arthur@alum.calberkeley.org> wrote:

>Bully (blu-ray) 2001 movie based on real events, directed by Larry
>Clark, and starring Brad Renfro as a bullied teen who along with several
>friends plot the murder of his best friend and bully (Nick Stahl).
>These idiot teens openly plot the murder and once they pull it off, they
>can't stop talking about it.  It's a good movie but would have benefited
>from someone other than Larry Clark directing it.

I haven't seen this movie in years. Would it have benefited from
another director NOT sticking the camera where Clark had it? Otherwise
it's a very unpleasant story of very unpleasent children (and one young
adult).

Teenage Cavemen never shows up on anything I subscribe to any more.

>Body Heat (TCM) 1981 - After going through and deleted a bunch of movies
>on my DVR I finally settled on watching this one.  It's a 1981 crime
>movie starring William Hurt as a lawyer who falls for Kathleen Turner in
>her film debut.  Turner talks Hurt into murdering her husband but all
>isn't as it seems.  I'm about 90% sure I've never watched this movie
>before now.  I guess it was OK.  But Hurt should have had a better
>motivation for agreeing to murder a guy beyond Turner sleeping with him.

It's body heat! It's film noir! There is no other motivation! I love
this movie.