Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<v3lmrv$3iat$1@dont-email.me>

From: vallor <vallor@cultnix.org>
Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Subject: Nobara Linux (was: Re: Do Microsoft?s Copilot+ PCs Require Linux?)
Date: Tue, 4 Jun 2024 00:24:32 -0000 (UTC)
	<v2v9fr$3daer$4@dont-email.me> <v2vc53$3dkln$3@dont-email.me>
	<v30g0c$3lhel$3@dont-email.me> <lbi8hlFgqelU3@mid.individual.net>
	<ovt75j1etrd4s5rvvij0ikcnjg0evrjhiq@4ax.com> <v31bnf$3tudd$2@dont-email.me>
	<0cj85jlbfgnrv79ia0psgs5fo52u0sr3in@4ax.com> <v33c67$ddl1$3@dont-email.me>
	<lokb5j95a014h0otaujrmqdt2uruq1dosm@4ax.com> <v35pnf$qao6$3@dont-email.me>
	<66579ff2$0$1245637$882e4bbb@reader.netnews.com>
	<voN5O.12079$G7Za.6226@fx10.iad> <v39qj6$1lnr7$15@dont-email.me>
	<vQ_5O.636$RsQ5.408@fx42.iad> <v3gini$31rjc$9@dont-email.me>
	<e0Z6O.26052$qQk3.14698@fx18.iad> <lc3rs6Fk6ihU5@mid.individual.net>
	<QW27O.10455$1Jw6.3829@fx37.iad> <lc3t27Fk6ihU8@mid.individual.net>
	<G747O.8970$nd%8.7019@fx45.iad> <lc4afnFm8leU1@mid.individual.net>
	<x0i7O.9059$nd%8.375@fx45.iad> <lc6hbdF24ctU2@mid.individual.net>
	<bDp7O.1263$W2K4.896@fx38.iad> <v3li38$35o0$2@dont-email.me>
	<Fjs7O.90815$G7Za.16844@fx10.iad> <v3llg7$3g9t$2@dont-email.me>

On Tue, 4 Jun 2024 00:01:11 -0000 (UTC), RonB <ronb02NOSPAM@gmail.com>
wrote in <v3llg7$3g9t$2@dont-email.me>:

> On 2024-06-03, Andrzej Matuch <andrzej@matu.ch> wrote:

>>> You're trying to run hardware intensive Windows games on Linux.
>>> There's going to be problems.
>>
>> You're missing the point: I never even got to the point where I could
>> try to play the games. The distribution built for gamers which asked me
>> to use the software it bundles to log into my game library was unable
>> to even see the games I own. I couldn't install them because the
>> software acted as though I had never bought anything at all. This is a
>> system which wasn't modified in any way. I used it as is and it failed
>> miserably.
>
> Nobara looks very much like a "hobby" Linux release at this point. I
> never heard of it until you brought it up. I don't know if it will
> eventually be a success or not, but I'm guessing that it's definitely
> not mature (just a little over a year old) and I'm also guessing that it
> doesn't have a large user base. They probably need more testers who are
> willing to help fix its teething problems.

https://nobaraproject.org/

It lists the patches and updates from Fedora right on
the home page.  Looks like Nobara is to Fedora what Mint
is to Ubuntu.

GloriousEggroll is proper.  They maintain an extra-special
build of proton for happy Linux gamers like myself.

It's intriguing.  I also see a patch to fix logins with
NVIDIA GPU's.

--
-v