Article <v3lots$2uv04$14@i2pn2.org>
Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<v3lots$2uv04$14@i2pn2.org>

From: Richard Damon <richard@damon-family.org>
Newsgroups: comp.theory,sci.logic
Subject: Re: Why does Olcott care about simulation, anyway?
Date: Mon, 3 Jun 2024 20:59:40 -0400

>>> https://arxiv.org/abs/1906.05340
>>> arXiv:1906.05340 [cs.LO]
>>>
>>> *You can ignore the above forever, that does not make it away*
>>>

>> Well, it kinda DOES.  This is just a blatant appeal to authority on
>> your part, so it can rightly be ignored.  I'll say again - if you have
>> some argument to make, argue it yourself in your own words rather than
>> attempting to shut down discussion through appeal to authority.
>>

> *Those were my verbatim words that professor Sipser agreed to*
> All the people that tried to show how I misinterpreted my own words
> utterly failed.
>
> Those that claimed Professor Sipser understood my words differently than
> I did had only one basis that I remember being presented that is easily
> proven false. *They tried to get away with contradicting this*
>
> DD correctly emulated by any HH that can possibly exist DOES NOT HALT
> DD correctly emulated by any HH that can possibly exist DOES NOT HALT
> DD correctly emulated by any HH that can possibly exist DOES NOT HALT

It does.

Has been proven.

You just don't know the meaning of the words you are using.

DD(DD) HALTS if HH(DD,DD) returns 0, and for your design, the only other
case is an HH that isn't a decider.

What you actually seem to be claiming is that no HH can correctly
simulate the DD built on it to a final state, or equivalently, No HH can
prove that the DD built on it will Halt.

Neither of these show that DD doesn't Halt, only that HH's simulation
can't get there.