Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<v3mqem$d089$1@dont-email.me>

From: "R.Wieser" <address@is.invalid>
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Subject: binary AndroidManifest.xml, resource ID to string.  How to ?
Date: Tue, 4 Jun 2024 12:31:19 +0200

Hello all,

I wanted to convert a binary "AndroidManifest.xml" to text again, and
curently have a readable result.

One thing I've not been able to figure out though.  In a sourcefile I see
lines like

android:icon="@mipmap/ic_launcher"
android:label="@string/app_name"
android:roundIcon="@mipmap/ic_launcher"
android:theme="@style/Translucent">

, but all that the binary XML file contains is resource-IDs

icon = @:7F0E0000
label = @:7F110065
roundIcon = @:7F0E0000
theme = @:7F120157

, and I have no idea how to translate the latter to the former. :-\

I've done my dues and spend time searching the Web, but have not been able
to find any kind of clue to how to do it (the information I found stopped
short of explaining it).

If anyone knows how to do it or has an URL to a website explaining it I
would be obliged.

Regards,
Rudy Wieser