Article <v3ojg2$328eb$1@i2pn2.org>
Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<v3ojg2$328eb$1@i2pn2.org>

From: Richard Damon <richard@damon-family.org>
Newsgroups: comp.theory,sci.logic
Subject: Re: At least 100 people kept denying the easily verified fact
Date: Tue, 4 Jun 2024 22:45:22 -0400

On 6/4/24 10:28 PM, olcott wrote:
> On 6/4/2024 9:22 PM, Richard Damon wrote:

>>> *I conclusively proved otherwise in the above link*
>>
>> You CAN'T provd that a definition is wrong.
>>

> *Try and provide a counter-example or implicitly admit that you cannot*
> *Try and provide a counter-example or implicitly admit that you cannot*
> *Try and provide a counter-example or implicitly admit that you cannot*

What are you asking for a counter example of?

I said definition are always correct and you can't prove one wrong.

There is no counter-example to that.

If you want a counter example to you claim of correct simulation, DD(DD)
is the counter example. You claim that you can show a "Correct
Simulation" of it proves non-halting behavior, when the actual behavior
of that machine is Halting, so it CAN'T be non-halting.

> The behavior that a machine description specifies to a UTM
> IS THE BEHAVIOR OF THIS FINITE STRING
> YOU ARE SIMPLY VERY CONFUSED

Right, and a UTM simulates the input to EXACTLY repoduce the behavior of
the machine it describes.

So, HH(DD,DD), to be a Halt Decider must answer to if UTM(DD,DD) WHERE
THAT DD IS STILL PAIRED TO HH, will halt, which means if DD(DD) will halt.

Since DD(DD) will halt, and thus UTM(DD,DD) will halt, if HH(DD,DD)
returns 0, that answer can not be correct.

PERIOD.

BY DEFINITION, one you even just agreed to.

Perhaps your problem is you forget the defintion of a UTM, it isn't
"just a simulator" but it is a machine that EXACTLY REPODUCES THE
BEHAVIOR of the machine described by its input.