Article <v3poj0$v133$6@dont-email.me>
Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<v3poj0$v133$6@dont-email.me>

From: olcott <polcott333@gmail.com>
Newsgroups: comp.theory,sci.logic
Subject: Re: Halting Problem is wrong two different ways
Date: Wed, 5 Jun 2024 08:18:24 -0500

On 6/5/2024 2:13 AM, Mikko wrote:
> On 2024-06-04 17:40:47 +0000, olcott said:

>>> That does not restrict what a problem statement can specify.
>>> If the mapping computed by sum differs from the specified one
>>> the program sum does not solve the problem.

>>  > Because you keep on mentioning about DD Halting,
>>  > which IS about the direct execution of DD
>>
>> Only when one contradicts the definition of a decider that must
>> compute the mapping FROM ITS INPUTS BASED ON THE ACTUAL BEHAVIOR
>> OF THESE INPUTS (as measured by DD correctly simulated by HH).
>>
>> When we go ahead and contradict this definition then the
>> *HALTING PROBLEM IS STILL WRONG IN A DIFFERENT WAY*
>>
>> When D is defined to do the opposite of whatever yes/no
>> an answer that H provides then the counter-example input
>> is precisely isomorphic to the question:
>> Is this sentence: "This sentence is not true." true or false?
>> Thus that question and the HP question are both incorrect
>> because both yes and no are the wrong answer.
>>
>> The theory of computation may be ignorant of the details of
>> how the context of who is asked a question changes the meaning
>> of this question, none-the-less this cannot be ignored.
>> It is and remains incorrect for the theory of computation
>> to ignore this.
>
> Nice to see that you don't disagree with my observation that
> your statement

> does not restrict what a problem statement can specify.

Sure it does.
int sum(int x, int y) { return x + y; }
sum(3,4) cannot correctly return the sum of 5 + 6.

H(D,D) cannot possibly return the halt status of D(D) because
D calls H in recursive simulation thus forcing the behavior of
D correctly simulated by H to be different than the behavior of
the directly executed D(D).

Requiring H(D,D) to return the halt status of D(D) is exactly
the same as requiring sum(3,4) to return the sum of 5 + 6.

*This unequivocally proves the behavior of DD correctly simulated by HH*
https://liarparadox.org/DD_correctly_simulated_by_HH_is_Proven.pdf