Article <v3r6mt$354i9$6@i2pn2.org>
Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<v3r6mt$354i9$6@i2pn2.org>

From: Richard Damon <richard@damon-family.org>
Newsgroups: comp.theory,sci.logic
Subject: Re: At least 100 people kept denying the easily verified fact
Date: Wed, 5 Jun 2024 22:25:33 -0400

On 6/5/24 9:31 PM, olcott wrote:
> On 6/5/2024 8:27 PM, Richard Damon wrote:

>>> *I will dumb it down for you some more*
>>> Try any show how this DD can be correctly simulated by any HH
>>> such that this DD reaches past its machine address [00001dbe]
>>

>> I never said it could, you just are stuck in a bad question.
>>

> THIS IS ALL THAT YOU WILL EVER GET TO TALK TO ME ABOUT
> UNTIL YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT I AM CORRECT OR YOU PROVE
> THAT I AM INCORRECT

Then you aren't going to get anywhere, because I just don't care about
that worthless claim. Only when you cross the line from talking about
the SUBJECTIVE answer that HH saw, to the OBJECTIVE behavior of the
machine the input represents to a Halt Decider, will you get me caring,
and slapping you down hard with a factual rebuttal.

> *I will dumb it down for you some more*
> Try any show how this DD can be correctly simulated by any HH
> such that this DD reaches past its machine address [00001dbe]

But I don't claim that it can. I won't go to the effort to confirm that
it can't, because, frankly, I don't give a damn because it is MEANINGLESS.

If you want to talk about HH's PARTIAL (but correct as far as it goes)
simulation not reaching to DD's final state, go ahead, I won't argue
about that, except to point out that this does NOT prove that the input
represents non-halting behavior to the halt decider.

It is the difference between not being able to prove halting behavior,
and being able to prove non-halting behavior, HH just doesn't have the
data to prove the behavior.

Partial simulations give a 3 state result.
1) If they reach a final state, they prove Halting.
2) If they create enough data that you can form a valid induction to
prove that this exact input, if given to a UTM, would never halt, we can
prove non-halting. (Note, that is the input that FULLY describes the
FULL machine, and thus for DD includes all the code for the HH that was
deciding it), or
3) IF they can't do either, as is the case for HH, it just just say that
the input didn't-yet-halt, that it came to a non-decision. Of course,
Deciders can't leave it that way, which is why we can't actually have
Halt Deciders that are correct for all inputs.

Now, if you start to use terminology that implies rather that HH's
partial simulation not reaching a final state, but that DD is actually
non-halting, I will point out your LIES, as that is what you need to do
to say that, as you just don't have the proof, and it HAS been pointed
out to you.