Article <v3tq2n$388rj$8@i2pn2.org>
Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<v3tq2n$388rj$8@i2pn2.org>

From: Richard Damon <richard@damon-family.org>
Newsgroups: comp.theory,sci.logic
Subject: Re: Halting Problem is wrong two different ways --very stupid
Date: Thu, 6 Jun 2024 22:08:23 -0400
 <87h6eamkgf.fsf@bsb.me.uk> <v3kcdj$3stk9$1@dont-email.me>
 <v3kjs9$3u7ng$1@dont-email.me> <v3l16f$5d3$4@dont-email.me>
 <v3mj84$bq2d$1@dont-email.me> <v3njiv$gatu$9@dont-email.me>
 <v3og5t$328ec$9@i2pn2.org> <v3oh4q$pi6u$2@dont-email.me>
 <v3ohim$jthg$3@dont-email.me> <v3ohql$pi6u$4@dont-email.me>
 <v3q5pt$q84p$2@dont-email.me> <v3q63u$122u1$1@dont-email.me>
 <v3qb1a$34b9u$14@i2pn2.org> <v3r5ov$1at2m$1@dont-email.me>
 <v3rtbl$1ef5s$1@dont-email.me> <v3se34$1gra7$8@dont-email.me>

On 6/6/24 9:37 AM, olcott wrote:
> On 6/6/2024 3:52 AM, Mikko wrote:

>>> To expect a correct answer to an incorrect question has
>>> always been very stupid.
>>
>> To call a question incorrect just because one stupid machine cannot
>> correctly answer it is stupid.
>>

> Whenever and yes/no question has no correct yes/no answer such
> as What time is it (yes or no)?
> It this sentence true or false "this sentence is not true" ???
> Then the question is incorrect.

But the actual question of the Halting Problem always has a correct yes
or not answer.

Your problem is you forget that to ask it, you first need to define what
H does, and thus H's answer has been fixed, so the other answer can be
correct.

You apparently just don't understand the basics of the theory you have
been claiming to be an expert in.