Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<v3vbfa$24le4$1@dont-email.me>

From: Arthur Lipscomb <arthur@alum.calberkeley.org>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-06-06 (Thursday)
Date: Fri, 7 Jun 2024 09:11:22 -0700

On 6/7/2024 8:21 AM, Ian J. Ball wrote:
> On 6/7/24 1:30 AM, Ubiquitous wrote:
>
>> What did you watch?
>
> I had errands in the morning again, and that combined with other reasons
> means I didn't get to "Shogun" yesterday - I will almost certainly
> finish "Shogun" out today... So all I got through was:
>
> soaps: DOOL - After all of that, not much happened... Clyde continues to
> insist that Abby (which one?! PLL Abby? Crazy Abby? Red Abby?  ;p  ) is
> still "alive", but provides no other information on the spot, so Chad
> doesn't kill Clyde, and Harris hauls Clyde away. Later, Harris seems to
> give Ava the cold shoulder - I guess they are just going to write Harris
> out by having leave town (and join the FBI?). So boring... Meanwhile,
> Julie urges Maggie not to marry Constantine, and Constantine catches
> Julie doing this. Kristen basically dumps Alex; Alex admits that he
> doesn't trust NuTheresa (duh!!). NuTheresa is in the middle of seducing
> Brady and taking him to bed!
>     GH - Boring!! Finn is still drinking, and Chase catches him, and
> little Violet is worried about her dad. Trina certainly has a "type" -
> as she see Gio working at the Metro Court pool, and immediately starts
> drooling. (This sequence also had more gratuitous Josslyn bathing suit
> shots!) More incredibly boring stuff with Blaze and Booby Vista - in
> this one, NuKristina challenges Booby Vista about hers and Blaze's
> relationship; later, Booby Vista spies NuKristina and Blaze in a tender
> moment and is visibly ill at ease about it.
>
> My Husband's Killer Affair (LMN) - Well, this was disappointing! Rather
> than being an EVOL!! psycho bitch, Kirsten Comerford's was in fact fully
> a unwilling coerced dupe, forced by the husband's EVOL!!1! brother to
> seduce and conspire against the husband. I was hoping that Comerford was
> going to be EVOL!! off-the-chain in this!
>     Because she wasn't, this went pretty much exactly as expected with
> the EVOL!!1! brother killing people left and right while blackmailing
> Comerford's character to do his bidding. Meh.

Wait, so who was having the affair?

> What did you watch?

I watched:

Evil (Paramount+) - "How to Slaughter a Pig" - The team investigates
possessed pigs.

Son of Batman (blu-ray) 2014 direct to video animated DC universe movie.
  This was the third movie in the pre-tomorrowverse movies.  I was
previously mistaken, the tomorrowverse movies don't start until 2020.
Anyway, I was looking forward to this one the least and was pleasantly
surprised.  The plot involves Batman being drugged and raped by Talia al
Ghul (Morena Baccarin) at some point in the past and now she has Damian
Wayne who she is raising to lead the League of shows.  But the league
comes under attack by Deathstroke forcing Talia to take Damian to his
father, who surprisingly seems cool with it all.  He takes Damian under
his wing and trains him up to be the new Robin while Damian seeks
revenge against Deathstroke.  It was better than I remembered.

Bad Boys: Ride or Die (theatrical) 2024 4th movie in the Bad Boys
franchise which finds almost everyone from the first three movies
returning for one more adventure.  The plot involves Captain Howard (Joe
Pantoliano) being framed after his death with Will Smith And Martin
Lawrence jumping into action to clear his name.   Overall this was a
pretty solid Fast and Furious, I mean Bad Boys movie.  And the character
of "Reggie" who was introduced as a teenager dating Lawrences' daughter
in the second movie, who came back to marry her in the third movie, has
a very crowd pleasing scene in this one.  My only gripe is the humor
wasn't funny, at all.  Whenever they are trying to be funny the movie
stops dead.  But the action is great.