Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<v3vt1e$27vl4$1@dont-email.me>

From: "Adam H. Kerman" <ahk@chinet.com>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: Steve Bannon
Date: Fri, 7 Jun 2024 21:11:10 -0000 (UTC)

BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:

>Lois Lerner, Obama IRS executive, defied a congressional subpoena to
>testify about her apparently partisan policy of denying 501(3)(c) status
>only to conservative groups. She was found in contempt of Congress.
>Obama's DOJ refused to prosecute. Nothing happened to her.

Will you please stop repeating that nonsense? IRS had a shortage of
executives. She was wearing two hats, and was working mostly at the
second job in Washington and not her main job over exempt organizations
in Cincinnati. New people were hired to review applications, and they
were doing review improperly. She wasn't there supervising. She never
ordered anyone to do those things.

Also, who the hell told all of those 501(c)(4)s to apply for
recognition? It's voluntary and there is no benefit to it, and if IRS
gets it wrong, it does NOT prevent the organization from going about its
business. We never hear that part of the story, why anyone was telling
people to seek recognition.