Article <v404gb$39ri6$18@i2pn2.org>
Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<v404gb$39ri6$18@i2pn2.org>

From: Richard Damon <richard@damon-family.org>
Newsgroups: comp.theory
Subject: Re: At least 100 people kept denying the easily verified fact --
 closure
Date: Fri, 7 Jun 2024 19:18:35 -0400
 <v3sc8c$1gra7$2@dont-email.me> <v3tq33$388rj$13@i2pn2.org>
 <v3tstr$1td1o$2@dont-email.me> <v3tuqh$388ri$1@i2pn2.org>
 <v3v0qj$22vrk$1@dont-email.me> <v3v85d$39ri5$11@i2pn2.org>
 <v3vacl$242e9$8@dont-email.me> <v3vh9l$a5e$2@news.muc.de>
 <v3vhvq$25ojk$2@dont-email.me> <v3vj8p$39ri6$7@i2pn2.org>
 <v3vk9b$266aq$2@dont-email.me>
 <8c92495d4433776d8ddc4706fb1de05b245f5829.camel@gmail.com>
 <v3vn5u$26d04$1@dont-email.me> <v3vont$a5e$3@news.muc.de>
 <v3vp3j$27d15$2@dont-email.me> <v3vpsg$39ri6$12@i2pn2.org>
 <v400hl$287qb$3@dont-email.me> <v4016m$3avmq$1@i2pn2.org>
 <v401vc$28q9r$2@dont-email.me> <v403f5$39ri6$17@i2pn2.org>
 <v403qs$2965i$1@dont-email.me>

On 6/7/24 7:07 PM, olcott wrote:
> On 6/7/2024 6:00 PM, Richard Damon wrote:
>>>>

>>> The entire body of truth is unfalsifiable.
>>> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Falsifiability
>>>
>>> That "cats" <are> "animals" is unfalsifiable because
>>> it is inherently true.
>>>
>>> You are conflating empirical with analytical truth.
>>> Scientific principles do not exactly apply to math.

>>> I must get closure on each of the four points of
>>> my proof so that I know that my words can possibly
>>> be understood. Without this publication is hopeless.
>>>

>> Except that you don't have a "Proof" because it isn't in the form of a
>> formal proof.
>>
>> All you have is an arguement.
>
> A proof need not be dressed in any tuxedo. As long as correct
> rebuttal has been shown to be categorically impossible then
> the point has been fully proven.

It may not need a "tuxedo", but it needs to start with a clear mention
of the accepted truths it is starting from, and then clearly state the
acceptable operations being done with them to get to the conclusion.

Your claims do none of that, so they aren't proof.

Just like puppies are not fifteen story office building.

You are just showing how ignorant you are of the system you are claiming
to be working in.