Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<v41nan$2jq21$1@dont-email.me>

From: vallor <vallor@cultnix.org>
Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Subject: Re: Command Line Versus Command Line
Date: Sat, 8 Jun 2024 13:46:00 -0000 (UTC)

On Sat, 08 Jun 2024 09:07:38 -0400, Joel <joelcrump@gmail.com> wrote in
<jnl86jth7s9m0gn4cvjm5f2h8bm8e6a6hf@4ax.com>:

> DFS <nospam@dfs.com> wrote:
>>On 6/7/2024 6:38 AM, Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:
>>
>>> command line
>>
>>Larry Duh, still livin' in the 70s.
>>
>>Snap out of it.
>

> Wrong, dude, and you *should* know it, you haven't used PowerShell to
> install anything, etc., just like one uses the Linux terminal?  I have,
> when I was running Windows.  It's actually an *asset* of the platform,
> it shows that if you can tolerate the bloatware, you do have components
> that are as nifty as Unix.

They added PowerShell because Unix script-ability was
eating Windows' lunch.

Very surprised DFS (in the new OT thread) was suggesting that RonB
have his wife take manual backups every day.  How miserable!  Script
that (in PowerShell, if necessary), and then run it with the Scheduler.

These are computers to do our bidding. As was once said
of the Sabbath:  the computer was made for mankind, not
mankind made for the computer...

Finally, there's this:

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/powershell/scripting/install/installing-powershell-on-linux?view=powershell-7.4

Yep, there is pwsh for Linux, if you are a masochist...

--
-v