Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<v44i60$3jnc8$1@dont-email.me>

From: olcott <polcott333@gmail.com>
Newsgroups: sci.logic,comp.theory
Subject: Truthmaker Maximalism and undecidable decision problems
Date: Sun, 9 Jun 2024 10:36:32 -0500

*This has direct application to undecidable decision problems*

When we ask the question: What is a truthmaker? The generic answer is
whatever makes an expression of language true <is> its truthmaker. This
entails that if there is nothing in the universe that makes expression X
true then X lacks a truthmaker and is untrue.

X may be untrue because X is false. In that case ~X has a truthmaker.
Now we have the means to unequivocally define truth-bearer. X is a
truth-bearer iff (if and only if) X or ~X has a truthmaker.

I have been working in this same area as a non-academician for a few
years. I have only focused on expressions of language that are {true on
the basis of their meaning}.