Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<v44ihd$3jsh2$1@dont-email.me>

From: AJL <noemail@none.com>
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Subject: Re: State Farm files patent for system to suppress calls and text
 while driving
Date: Sun, 9 Jun 2024 08:42:37 -0700

Klyde wrote:

> There was a repeat violator with no drivers license on a zoom call
> court appearance with a judge while he was driving.

In later news reports it turned out that the guy actually had a valid
drivers license but the government screwed up in reporting it.

> These people need to be stopped...

In my younger days (60's) I operated a mobile ham radio CW (morse code)
rig in the car while driving cross country. (Code is like a second
language that can be read in your head without writing it down. I
generally went 20-40 WPM.) Lots of fun. Makes using a mobile cell these
days seem seem like duck soup...  :-O

> The only calls that should be permitted from a moving vehicle are
> emergency calls.

Yup. And tape also needs to be applied to all passenger's mouths...