Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<v44mbh$3kncn$3@dont-email.me>

From: Cursitor Doom <cd999666@notformail.com>
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Subject: Re: Do you condemn Hamas?
Date: Sun, 9 Jun 2024 16:47:46 -0000 (UTC)

On Mon, 10 Jun 2024 01:13:29 +1000, Bill Sloman wrote:

> On 9/06/2024 10:16 pm, Cursitor Doom wrote:

>>> Cursitor Doom doesn't understand that he is morally defective. If you
>>> don't understand that being unpleasant to strangers is not a
>>> constructive reaction to the unfamiliar, you can go in for this kind
>>> of nonsense and not realise that other people find it repellent. Some
>>> of them will notice that it is also illegal, and put you in prison.
>>
>> Sorry, Bill. I should have known that you as a Jew would be unduly
>> sensitive to my little joke (you didn't seem to notice the smiley).
>
> I'm not actually Jewish. Sloman is a west country name - there are more
> Slomans in the Taunton telephone directory than there are in the London
> telephone directory, and my great-grandfather Sloman was born in Bristol
> in 1850, though the family promptly got on the boat to Australia.
>
> There is a family of Slomans in Melbourne who are Jewish, but their
> grandparents were called Slominsky in Poland before they headed out to
> Australia around 1870. One of my chemistry lecturers was a member of the
> family (though he didn't have the Sloman surname).
>
>> No offence was intended, but if any were taken, I humbly apologise. Now
>> can we be friends again?
>
> You find inviting Bitrex to join a lynching party to be an inoffensive
> joke?

Yes, yes I do. Unlike you, I don't go out of my way to upset people here.
AIUI, Bitrex is a white, urban Liberal. If he were black, I'd not have
posted that remark; wouldn't have dreamed of it.
I hope you're not one of those people who take offence vicariously on
behalf of others who may have taken no offence at all, because people like
that are just despicable - and responsible for so much that is wrong in
the world today.

> Like I said, you are morally defective, and that is not something you
> can apologise your way out of.

I'll leave it to the silent majority to determine who's the moral
defective here as I don't believe you're in any position to judge, given
your reputation.