Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<v44urs$3nodr$1@dont-email.me>

From: Newyana2 <newyana@invalid.nospam>
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android,misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Subject: Re: State Farm files patent for system to suppress calls and text
 while driving
Date: Sun, 9 Jun 2024 15:13:11 -0400

On 6/9/2024 11:44 AM, Java Jive wrote:

> Here in the UK, it's an offence to be using a handheld phone while driving.

Same here. It doesn't help.

> Here in the UK, there are plenty of CCTV cameras around the towns, and
> many have number plate recognition.

   Yes. That doesn't fly so well in the US. Extreme surveillance
and ninny oversight probably wouldn't work the way it does
in the UK. Though there are some states that now have red-ligght
cameras sending out automated tickets.

> Probably their driving would be far more erratic if they were looking at
> a printed map.

    Let me see... How do I manage to look at a map? Oh, yeah,
I pull over. :) If you could navigate safely with your phone map
that would be fine, but you can't. I regularly see drivers in front
of me splitting their attention between dasboard device and the road.
Delivery drivers and Uber/Lyft drivers are the worst. They don't
know where they are. They don't know where they're going. They're
always trying to figure out their next move, while I, also, try to
figure out their next move.