Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<v457ch$3jvrd$2@dont-email.me>

From: vallor <vallor@cultnix.org>
Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Subject: "Standard GUI" (was: Re: More Funny Stuff From Joel)
Date: Sun, 9 Jun 2024 21:38:25 -0000 (UTC)
	<34rb6j1h6sittv7fj19ur2bcji7pjrus1c@4ax.com>
	<666610e0$0$2422127$882e4bbb@reader.netnews.com>

On Sun, 9 Jun 2024 16:30:28 -0400, DFS <nospam@dfs.com> wrote in
<666610e0$0$2422127$882e4bbb@reader.netnews.com>:

> Later, abusing cola 'advocates' by tossing their idiocy back in their
> faces spurred me to use python to download Usenet posts and put them
> into a relational database, from which I can extract drooling such as
> this from Feeb in Oct 2017:

> Beginning/top of post "When you say standardization, you of course mean
> a standardized GUI toolkit, and that is what Microshit has and that is
> what, admittedly makes Microshit a better choice than GNU/Linux."
>

> End of same post:
> ".. the GUI interface, and especially a STANDARD GUI, severely limits
> the capabilities of any computing machine. That is why GNU/Linux. with
> its non-standardized assortments of toolkits and libraries is the
> superior choice."
>
> <ddb53c30-8078-49b5-9462-e602ae6f4f76@googlegroups.com>

I looked it up, and didn't surprise me who brain-farted his way
through that post.

But regarding that matter, back when I used Windows, I showed
a screenshot of my desktop, where every application had its own
ideas about what it wanted to look like.  So Windows ain't "all that".

On my Linux desktop, the only apps with their own oddities are
those without title bars, such as Steam, obs-studio, and
the EDO game launcher.  Maybe Blender too.  So the idea
that Linux desktops are jungles of mis-matched interfaces
are somewhat exaggerated.

--
-v