Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<v45ar2$3r9hp$1@dont-email.me>

From: Arthur Lipscomb <arthur@alum.calberkeley.org>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: Selected programming for June 8-14, 2024
Date: Sun, 9 Jun 2024 15:37:21 -0700

On 6/9/2024 9:04 AM, Ian J. Ball wrote:
> On 6/9/24 6:39 AM, Arthur Lipscomb wrote:

>>> Ah. I somehow get both Disney with Hulu as well as Hulu Ala carte and
>>> the
>>> two Hulu accounts don’t seem to know about each other, though they
>>> use the
>>> same username and password. It’s all free so I don’t pay much
>>> attention to
>>> where it comes from. I didn’t realize Disney without Hulu still existed.
>>
>> I just got an email from Hulu yesterday with a promotion.  I think I
>> might be eligible for it since I got the email.  But I headed over to
>> my Disney+ account this morning and there was no option I could find
>> to even add Hulu or anything else to it.  I'm sure it must be there
>> somewhere if I dig deep enough.  But the problem has never been I
>> couldn't add Hulu, it was there was no option to add it to the annual
>> plan, and I don't want to downgrade to monthly.
>
> When I did it, I had to use chat assistance for help. But my case was
> complicated as in order to sign up for the (new) Duo plan, I had to
> cancel my Hulu sub and then sign up through Disney+ to get the Duo plan
> with Hulu. It was a pain.
>
> BTW, this is the page for the Duo/Trio plans:
>
> https://www.disneyplus.com/welcome/disney-hulu-espn-bundle

I clicked the link and saw the plans but when I clicked the plan it just
logged me into my Disney+ account.  I was able to pull up the pricing
and I compared what I'm currently paying, or paid, it would be more.
This is one of the reasons I don't want to go monthly, the annual plan
is a better deal, at least when it's Disney only.  My Disney plan is up
in November.  I'll check out the options then.  I know there's also a
plan in the works that includes Netflix and all three may finally be a
better deal.

With luck there might be a deal at this year's D23 Expo.  When I
originally signed up it was at a D23 Expo before Disney+ went live.  I
got a ridiculously good multiyear deal on it.  But at the last Expo they
didn't have any promotions.