Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<v45uh1$41vh$1@dont-email.me>

From: "Ian J. Ball" <ijball@mac.invalid>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: European Elections: Leftists Take a Beating
Date: Sun, 9 Jun 2024 21:13:21 -0700

On 6/9/24 8:22 PM, BTR1701 wrote:

> On Jun 9, 2024 at 8:16:52 PM PDT, "shawn" <nanoflower@notforg.m.a.i.l.com>
> wrote:
>
>> On Mon, 10 Jun 2024 02:51:27 +0000, BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Today is the start of a new era in Europe:
>>>
>>> France: National Rally wins a historic 31.5% of the EU vote, forcing Macron
>>> dissolve the national parliament.
>>>
>>> Germany: AfD surges to become the 2nd largest party, liberal parties tank.
>>>
>>> Belgium: Prime Minister resigns after his crushing defeat against the right.
>>>
>>> Italy: Meloni's Brother of Italy wins in a historic landslide
>>>
>>> Austria: FPÖ doubles their seats and becomes the largest party in the nation.
>>>
>>> Spain: Right beating the left by 10%.
>>>
>>> Luxembourg: First ever seat for ADR.
>>
>> It won't be that long before they get another world war going.
>
> Yes, because unless leftist win all the elections, world wars will happen.

It does when many of the Euro far right have been infiltrated by the
Ruskies.

Look, no one hates a Euro leftie more than me, but too many of the far
right in Europe are cozy with Putin.

What I am unclear on right now is whether the "regular" Euro right is in
control of the Euro parliament after this, or the pro-Putin far right. I
assume the former, but I haven't heard for sure.