Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<v46eco$90un$3@dont-email.me>

From: Jeff Layman <Jeff@invalid.invalid>
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Subject: Re: Quantum mystics
Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2024 09:44:08 +0100

On 10/06/2024 09:14, Liz Tuddenham wrote:
> Jeff Layman <Jeff@invalid.invalid> wrote:
>
>> ... I was ok with mathematics in school until we started
>> on calculus. I could not, and still cannot, understand concepts such as
>> "vanishingly small".
>

> Calculus is to arithmetic what astrology is to astronomy.

:-)

More years ago than I care to remember I was coming back from the USA in
business-class and sitting next to me was a woman dripping with
jewellery. She was using a laptop and I could see she was writing
horoscopes, from the Leo, Virgo, Scorpio, etc headings on the screen.
Under them she was typing the details of each one for the day. Not only
was she not referring to anything as to what astrologers might consider
relevant for that day and that sign of the Zodiac, but she was cutting
and pasting between them at random!

I assumed she was someone well known for writing horoscopes and they
were syndicated. It sure seemed to pay well from the jewellery she had!

--
Jeff