Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<v47ai0$17qv$1@nnrp.usenet.blueworldhosting.com>

From: Andrew <andrew@spam.net>
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Subject: Re: Would you recommend a good debloater?
Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2024 16:44:48 -0000 (UTC)

Jeff Layman wrote on Mon, 10 Jun 2024 09:04:50 +0100 :

> Have you ever tried anything mentioned here? Looks like it could be
> useful and goes into quite some detail for each make of phone:
> <https://technastic.com/?s=bloatware>

I debloat my Android phones within a week of obtaining them and then,
almost weekly if not more often, I slowly debloat what I missed at first.

Mostly I use adb to uninstall everything that I don't want but I admit I
mostly tell that on a case-by-case basis looking at the package name.

Sometimes I look up what the package does; most of the time I don't bother.

It's not difficult to debloat; there's no risk at all since every package
you remove can easily be re-installed if it causes problems by being gone.

Sometimes I miss bloatware though, especially hidden bloat, but luckily my
Muntashirakon App Manager tells me with a tag for apps that are bloatware.