Article <v47dpt$i300$1@dont-email.me>
Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<v47dpt$i300$1@dont-email.me>

From: Zen Cycle <funkmaster@hotmail.com>
Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Subject: Re: Yard Work
Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2024 13:40:13 -0400

On 6/9/2024 3:52 PM, Roger Merriman wrote:
> Tom Kunich <cyclintom@yahoo.com> wrote:
>> I got a threatening letter sent to everyone in town that if front yards
>> weren't cleaned up fines would be issued.
>>
>> Now this entire business started with the FAKE man-made global warming
>> scam. California, like always, had three dry years and the state and
>> cities (Jerry Brown, Democrat) threatened everyone that we would all die
>> unless we stopped watering out lawns.
>>
>> The towns and cities all threaten4ed very large fines for watering lawns
>> and -people allowd their lawns to die in a town that was known for its
>> neat lawns and front yards.
>>
>> So people thinking it their civil duty (safe and effective ring any
>> bells?) allowed their lawns to die.
>>
>> The fact is that none of the reservoirs built for just this had any
>> substantial lowering of their water levels. So now with dead earth where
>> lawns used to be, when the rains returned, weeds flourished on the
>> otherwise vacant land. I used a string cutter to cut everything down to
>> reasonable length but they wanted "lawn length" so rather than getting in
>> another ride today, I stayed home and mowed the weeds down to lawn
>> levels. At the moment, the state ground water level is the highest it has
>> been in 70 years and lakes are popping up all over the place and low
>> lands are lower than the ground water levels. A couple of large lakes
>> have formed where roads used to be. Can't trick mother nature.
>>
>> Well, I completely filled the large Greens Bin so I can't continue until
>> next Friday's pickup. But 90% of the front and back yard are finished. I
>> do need to take the string cutter to all of the stuff poking up through
>> the cracks in the cement to make the yard passable and I have to hire a
>> tree serice to remove three trees that have grown to unmanageable size
>> with aoll of the water. Then I will have to get new smaller growing trees
>> And I need a Japanese Maple that is out of hand to be properly trimmed by
>> someone that knows how to cut them correctly.
>>
>> All of this to correct a problem that would not have exsisted without a government.
>>
>> And it is nothing mmore than lost riding time.
>>
> Why is the city business what your front yard is like?

It isn't, tommy is making things up again as usual. This is what San
LEandro has to say about yard maintenance:

https://www.sanleandro.org/321/Overgrown-Vegetation-Landscaping

Essentially, they consider unmowed yards over 18" to be a health issue,
and other shrubs/trees should not obstruct the sidewalk or roadway as a
safety issue.

 From the descriptions of tommys house, none of this seems to apply to
him. No one will telling tommy to take down any trees unless they pose a
safety/obstruction issue.

You've been here long enough. Roger, you _know_ this is just another
daily bitch from him.

Certainly in uk,

--
Add xx to reply