Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<v48dcq$rjsk$2@dont-email.me>

From: The True Doctor <agamemnon@hello.to.NO_SPAM>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho,rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: Toxic fandom
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2024 03:39:21 +0100

On 10/06/2024 23:11, Blueshirt wrote:
> The Doctor wrote:
>
>> RTD not retconning the Timeless Child is the ultimate recipe
>> for toxic fandom.
>
> Parts of Doctor Who fandom have been toxic long before the
> Timeless Child was thought of...
>
> Pretending it only happened in 2017 is revisionism.

It happened at the end of Series 8 when Moffat turned the Master into a
woman, insulted the memory of Nicholas Courtney by turning the Brigadier
into a Cyberman, and turned the series woke. The ratings collapsed in
half immediately afterwards, and there's no bullshit excuses like people
turning to streaming. Steamed woke shows have no more viewers than my
YouTube gaming channel which only has 200 subscribes.

--
The True Doctor https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCngrZwoS0n21IRcXpKO79Lw

"To be woke is to be uninformed which is exactly the opposite of what it
stands for." -William Shatner