Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<v4a7n3$168f4$1@dont-email.me>

From: Don Y <blockedofcourse@foo.invalid>
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Subject: Re: LT Spice updates
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2024 12:13:59 -0700

On 6/11/2024 11:49 AM, bitrex wrote:
> I don't know if Marx ever said something like "Updaters are a tool of last
> resort" IME the ratio of "Oh the update fixed something" to "Oh it broke
> something that worked fine before" is about 1 to 3

You're thinking about it wrong.

"The update CHANGED something."  Whether that change moved the product
into a more useful configuration is always subject to interpretation.

[Personally, I eschew updates.  I'd much prefer living with a set
of problems that I know -- and can likely workaround -- than starting
over with each new update (as there is no guarantee that ANYTHING
is "unchanged").  The notable exception is FOSS products where *I*
can examine the diff(1)s and convince myself of their consequences!]