Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<v4adfe$fbf$1@nnrp.usenet.blueworldhosting.com>

From: Andrew <andrew@spam.net>
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Subject: Re: Where is Google Maps Timeline stored on Android? (Android 14 On UI 6.1 on Samsung A54)
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2024 20:53:02 -0000 (UTC)

Andy Burns wrote on Mon, 10 Jun 2024 09:10:16 +0100 :

> Seems like timeline on the web will disappear, so beware of using
> anything that scrapes the data t your laptop that way, it's likely to
> stop working ...
> <https://support.google.com/maps/answer/14169818>

While a lot of people WANT everywhere they've searched to be saved by
Google, I'm just the opposite, where I am still trying to get the Firebase
App Indexing to stop recording every single location I search for.

Since I don't have a Google Account set up on the phone, the Google
Timeline isn't a privacy hole for me - but - Google Maps *still* saves
every single search I make in Google Maps - on the phone.

Worse. Something (I don't know what!) triggers a periodic *UPLOAD* of the
Firebase App Index searches to some as-yet unknown server somehow.

I can *clear* the search database, but that only solves half the problem.
 Anyone know how to clear Google Map Search results in the Android Firebase?
 <https://xdaforums.com/t/privacy-anyone-know-how-to-clear-google-map-search-results-in-the-android-firebase.4369547/>

If you know of any way to prevent Firebase App Indexing from storing on the
phone (and uploading to some unknown server) all searches, please advise!